Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The offer email: "Your mixbus32c v6 offer" SPAM!
I've just gone in and checked back through my emails- Since April 14, I've received 21 emails from Harrison with my Mixbus 32C v6 code!?!

Is this an error? Or are you guys intentionally spamming everyone who hasn't upgraded yet?

I don't want to unsubscribe from the Harrison email list because I'm a massive fan and almost daily user of Mixbus (have been using since v1 for film mixing, and podcast editing and mixing- have had v1, v2, v3, and 32Cv4 - which I currently mix on, and have individually bought almost all the XT plugins).

I'm planning on upgrading soon- and when I do I'll know where to find the discount coupon Rolleyes! -- I've literally received the same email on the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and today- 27th May. I couldn't take it any more without posting.

Seriously guys, learn how to email. A weekly newsletter can sometimes be too much if there's not enough interesting content to add to it, let alone daily newsletters -- which would definitely need new quality content each day to justify such high frequency -- but there is no other way to describe what you're doing than - THIS IS SPAM!

If it's an error, no problem. But if you're emailing everyone who hasn't upgraded, daily, for over a month, you seriously need to rethink your marketing strategy! It's been a pain and serious turn off getting this email from you guys, every day, for over a month. I'll upgrade when I'm ready. Send me the code once and be done with it. Yikes!
It happens sometimes and not a Harrison fault, but the dammed google and other spying net stuff "decide" to put some mails on spam some spam to inbox and offer prompt "answers" to your incoming mail to "save" you from reading and thinking. It is rotten business of the internet "rulers".
To suggest that Harrison sends such stuff to people who do not upgrade is a thought you did not consider when writing
I have found a lot emails in my spam from friends and some were not delivered to friends because the attached material was spied and "they" did not want other people to get to know the truth of anything the 99% of which is kept secret or lied into hell. Be it history, virus, "healthy food", weather "engineering"..... or any that kill this planet and people

You had better delete your post as a mistake. I see some bad experience you had encountered may have triggered thoughts like that, ho hard feelings. Reconsider it, please.
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(05-26-2020, 11:32 PM)Deere Wrote: If it's an error, no problem. But if you're emailing everyone who hasn't upgraded, daily, for over a month, you seriously need to rethink your marketing strategy! It's been a pain and serious turn off getting this email from you guys, every day, for over a month. I'll upgrade when I'm ready. Send me the code once and be done with it. Yikes!

I purchased and installed v6 on feb. 11th. Since then I have e-mails
with the upgrade offer on a daily base. It's chaos time.
(05-26-2020, 11:32 PM)Deere Wrote: If it's an error, no problem. But if you're emailing everyone who hasn't upgraded, daily, for over a month, you seriously need to rethink your marketing strategy! It's been a pain and serious turn off getting this email from you guys, every day, for over a month. I'll upgrade when I'm ready. Send me the code once and be done with it. Yikes!

I'm sure it's a technical bug somewhere. It happens all the time to many people/companies.

Instead of steaming off here in the forums - how about sending a friendly email to mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and make them aware of it? Maybe you can attach full mail headers to help the matter...

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
@Deere and @wango,
I am not getting multi mails but it sure sounds like there is an issue with email, I have sent a note to Harrison.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Dingo - it might be worth mentioning that this seems to happen from time to time. I hadn't made the connection before but I just checked my deleted items and there were 19 marketing emails from Harrison in April alone. January was also quite bad - though in May, I've only received about 4.

But even 4's a bit much though (in one month !!)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
@Tassy- cheers, but I think you misinterpreted my post- it's not that I can't find the upgrade email because it's going to SPAM. I have Harrison in my 'safe senders' list and get all their emails to my inbox. The problem is that I've received far too many emails with the upgrade coupon.

@madmaxmiller- I could've emailed Harrison, but I was more interested to see if this was a problem shared by other users. I searched my problem on Google and here on the forums before posting, and couldn't find anyone reporting the issue- so posted to get validation on whether it was just a me problem or if it was affecting more users. Also, I knew that if I posted here, Ben would likely see it and follow up- and then the solution to the issue would be publicly available for anyone else Googling it to find. Most importantly- I reall hope my tone came across as surprised by the frequency of emails, and wanting to check if it was intentional or a mistake. I wasn't looking to flame or make accusations. I love Harrison and Mixbus. Hoping that came across (plus the fact that I'm a long time, albeit not particularly active, forum member).

@Dingo- cheers for taking the time to email Harrison and for the validation of my post. Exactly what I was hoping for from the post.

@wango and johne53- Good to see it's not just me.

I'm definitely interested to know if the frequency of upgrade coupon emails is intentional or in-error. I can only assume there's some issue with the email list segmentation and the guys haven't realised that the same upgrade email is being sent daily.

Oops! Re-reading my initial post just now, I probably did seem a bit ranty -- my bad. Wasn't my intention as I mentioned to madmaxmiller above. I probably should've included some more smiley emoji's to help convey that I wasn't trying to seem angry, but more like- what?!? (shoulder shrugging smiling emoji)- kind of like how you'd talk to a friend who was doing something annoying and you didn't know why Big Grin

Anyway, cheers all! Looking forward to seeing if it's an error and hopefully getting the frequency reduced. Have a good one!
I get one mail every day since two weeks, i didn't buy the V6. Before the 16th of may, the frequency was one mail every 3 - 6 days.
It's kind of annoying.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
We have had a few users email and ask this very question so I thought I would share with you the response we are providing...

"We have found that we are getting a very steady and strong response every day. I think this is because of the recent launch of v6. So we will continue to send the emails until the response slows down.

We try to filter our offers so that you only receive offers that apply to your setup. But I can understand why they might be annoying if you get too many in a short time.

We make the "Subject" line very clear so that you can avoid any unneeded emails. We always make our free update emails very clear in the subject, and we never post a plugin promotional offer with a generic subject like "great news from Harrison!" or similar.

The promotions are very successful for us. Clearly many of our users appreciate the offers. We are doing our best to balance between user overload, and continuing to fund Mixbus development at a fast pace."

One other note: if you have multiple email addresses on file with us then you will likely receive offers that are not appropriate for you.

I hope this helps a bit!
On a more positive tone than some previous postings here...

I have also received multiple emails regarding the latest Mixbus bundle promotion.
In general, I just delete them as I do with the dozens of other email promos that
hit my inbox. However, in the past couple weeks I was able to pass these offers on
to some other people that I have taken on remote recording projects from. And,
I know that one of them has actually become a new Mixbus customer with one or
two more saying they might also join in; all of which will see significant savings
because the promo came to me and was not sent out to them as non-users.

Everyone is happy here...
Thanks, Harrison!

Patrick