Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The man behind the machine
Rainbow 
This is a translation of a part of my post on an Italian forum.

Quote:When you hear a song that sounds scary and you realize that there are 4 tracks that are playing, don't worry if they used Pro Tools or Logic or Cubase or a Studer ..... whatever you like .... think of people who played, who worked, because they made the sound, not the machines. So much so that today we have much more than yesterday and we do much worse. I guess Quincy Jones didn't care what mixer Bruce Swedien used to mix Thriller. He was interested in having him in the studio.

Thank you
Harrison Mixbus 32c v9, Cubase 12, Reaper, Wavelab 11, macOS 13.3. Apple Mac mini M1 16GB Ram 512GB SSD. Many Plugins,Instruments and Gadgets.
(05-11-2020, 06:50 AM)Absolutely Last Efx Wrote: This is a translation of a part of my post on an Italian forum.

Quote:When you hear a song that sounds scary and you realize that there are 4 tracks that are playing, don't worry if they used Pro Tools or Logic or Cubase or a Studer ..... whatever you like .... think of people who played, who worked, because they made the sound, not the machines. So much so that today we have much more than yesterday and we do much worse. I guess Quincy Jones didn't care what mixer Bruce Swedien used to mix Thriller. He was interested in having him in the studio.

Thank you

A fool with a tool remains still a fool...
But the proper tool in the right hands does wonders. Clearly Quincy was interested in hiring Bruce and not a console, trusting that an expert like Bruce would choose the right tool anyway.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-11-2020, 07:31 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 06:50 AM)Absolutely Last Efx Wrote: This is a translation of a part of my post on an Italian forum.

Thank you

But the proper tool in the right hands does wonders. Clearly Quincy was interested in hiring Bruce and not a console, trusting that an expert like Bruce would choose the right tool anyway.

MMM

Exactly.
Harrison Mixbus 32c v9, Cubase 12, Reaper, Wavelab 11, macOS 13.3. Apple Mac mini M1 16GB Ram 512GB SSD. Many Plugins,Instruments and Gadgets.
(05-11-2020, 11:01 AM)Absolutely Last Efx Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:31 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Thank you

MMM

Exactly.
Lest we not forget "It is a poor workman who blames his tools".Shy
Big Grin
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Quote: It is a poor workman who blames his tools

Big GrinBig Grin