Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable / Manual ALL automation on track?
Bouncing out some instrumental mixes from MB 32C V6 - I discover that it is not enough to mark the Automation setting at the bottom of the fader to MANUAL and mute the track - this only overrides the fader automation, I needed to mute all vocals obviously and had set the vocal channels to M, but was surprised to find vocals still appearing, Turned out that once a MUTE automation is added, that particular stream needs to be set to manual too in order to override the mutes. Now this makes sense of course, but I'd like to see a way to manually override ALL automation on a channel, so that exporting instruments or alternative versions isn't quite such a headache - checking which tracks have mute auto can be quite a process in a busy mix.

Of course there's probably a command I've missed completely so can someone please educate me if so!
Right click on the track header in the editor. Chose Automation -> Existing Automation. There you can switch everything to manual.

Btw, there's a keyboard shortcut coming up that will help you: See https://discourse.ardour.org/t/keyboard-...ion/103176
Usually doing live sound …
For the specific task you’re trying to accomplish , I find deactivating the channels (in this case, vocals) is the safest way to accomplish this if I’m printing instrumentals etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk