Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrogen and Mixbus
I'm working with Hydrogen drum machine and Mixbus version 6.
Both installed on a laptop with ArchLinux.

Jack audio is synchronizing both applications very well. So when I start recording in Mixbus, Hydrogen automatically starts and adjusts the tempo to the initial tempo given by Mixbus.

I'm having problems with feedback. Everytime I stop the recording with Mixbus and Hydrogen is still running, a loud feedback-like noise occurs. The only way to stop the noise is either continue recording or stop Hydrogen.

My setup for Hydrogen in Mixbus is:
1. Create a new audio track
2. Connect input to Hydrogen OUT-Right and OUT-Left

I don't know if this is the proper setup. But I can't find another way to record drums.

Of course I would like to eliminate the noise as described above.

Does anybody of you have suggestions?
(05-03-2020, 05:46 AM)kzpm Wrote: I'm working with Hydrogen drum machine and Mixbus version 6.
Jack audio is synchronizing both applications very well.

How do you do this? MMC is disabled in Mixbus / Mixbus 32C v6 because it's not working.

(05-03-2020, 05:46 AM)kzpm Wrote: I'm having problems with feedback. Everytime I stop the recording with Mixbus and Hydrogen is still running, a loud feedback-like noise occurs.

I'm not sure if that's feedback - I think it's more that the playhead in Hydrogen is "fluttering" back and forth. It disappeared when I disabled "midi master" in Hydrogen (upper middle). (MBv5 still on my machine just for the sync reason)

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-06-2020, 01:07 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 05:46 AM)kzpm Wrote: I'm working with Hydrogen drum machine and Mixbus version 6.
Jack audio is synchronizing both applications very well.

How do you do this? MMC is disabled in Mixbus / Mixbus 32C v6 because it's not working.

(05-03-2020, 05:46 AM)kzpm Wrote: I'm having problems with feedback. Everytime I stop the recording with Mixbus and Hydrogen is still running, a loud feedback-like noise occurs.

I'm not sure if that's feedback - I think it's more that the playhead in Hydrogen is "fluttering" back and forth. It disappeared when I disabled "midi master" in Hydrogen (upper middle). (MBv5 still on my machine just for the sync reason)

MMM

Thanks for your reply madmaxmiller!
I don't know why, but synchronizing Hydrogen and Mixbus6 is apparentely working on my machine. I think it is done by Jackaudio working as time-master for Mixbus. When I connect Hydrogen in Jackaudio's patchbay to Mixbus all is set.
Thanks for your tip disabling "midi-master"!
(05-06-2020, 03:28 AM)kzpm Wrote: I don't know why, but synchronizing Hydrogen and Mixbus6 is apparentely working on my machine.

What are you running?
Mixbus 6.0.702 on a Ubuntu Studio and on a Linux Mint has the "External" button greyed out... and I always use Jack.

(05-06-2020, 03:28 AM)kzpm Wrote: Thanks for your tip disabling "midi-master"!

Did it work for you?

MMM

.png   Screenshot_2020-05-06_22-04-21.png (Size: 3.55 KB / Downloads: 89)
Linux throughout!

Well the Internal button, as shown in your preview, is also "disabled" or "greyed out" in my Mixbus6 version.
Nevertheless I can record with Mixbus6, Hydrogen is automagically sychronized, as I said earlier.
My operating system is Manjaro (Arch) Linux.
I also installed jack-audio-pulse and jack-sink, to enable pulseaudio via Jack. But ...maybe that helps Hydrogen also to "notice" Mixbus or the other way around.

I can see a "midi in" LED in Hydrogen, unfortunally it is not "clickable". I could't find the "midi-master" button as you mentioned.
(05-06-2020, 03:48 PM)kzpm Wrote: Well the Internal button, as shown in your preview, is also "disabled" or "greyed out" in my Mixbus6 version.
Nevertheless I can record with Mixbus6, Hydrogen is automagically sychronized, as I said earlier.
My operating system is Manjaro (Arch) Linux.
I also installed jack-audio-pulse and jack-sink, to enable pulseaudio via Jack. But ...maybe that helps Hydrogen also to "notice" Mixbus or the other way around.

I can see a "midi in" LED in Hydrogen, unfortunally it is not "clickable". I could't find the "midi-master" button as you mentioned.

Oops sorry it's called "J.MASTER" Smile
MMM

Linux throughout!