Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi Maps not showing up in Mixbus 32C
Hey there,

this is my first post on this forum,
so a big hello from me here to all the fellow mixbusers Wink

My issue:

I'm trying to write a generic midi map for the Behringer BRC2000.
I read all there is to read from both manuals and what I could find on this forum.

While experimenting I stumbled upon the problem, that some maps show up in mixbus while others just don't and I have no idea why or why not they do it.
Even maps that I downloaded from this forum do not show up...

So to make it more concrete this map does not show up:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ArdourMIDIBindings version="1.0.0" name="Behringer BCR2000">

<DeviceInfo bank-size="8" motorised="no"/>

<!-- EQ in columns left to right Low, LM, HM, High --> 
<!-- top row is freq, middle is gain --> 
<Binding channel="1" ctl="e49"  uri="/route/eq/freq/0 S1"/>
<Binding channel="1" ctl="e50"  uri="/route/eq/gain/0 S1"/>

<Binding channel="1" ctl="e51"  uri="/route/eq/freq/1 S1"/>
<Binding channel="1" ctl="e52"  uri="/route/eq/gain/1 S1"/>

<Binding channel="1" ctl="e53"  uri="/route/eq/freq/2 S1"/>
<Binding channel="1" ctl="e54"  uri="/route/eq/gain/2 S1"/>

<Binding channel="1" ctl="e55"  uri="/route/eq/freq/3 S1"/>
<Binding channel="1" ctl="e56"  uri="/route/eq/gain/3 S1"/>
</ArdourMIDIBindings> 

Should it ?
Should it not ?
What am I doing wrong ?

I'm on a Mac Pro 10.14.3 running Mixbus 32C latest version.

Thank you very much
I’ve had some success with manually assigning midi cc #’s to my control surface using the controllers control app. in my case mine was iCon iControls app. I began using Mackie control protocol for the usual keystrokes commands. Does your control surface has a “control app?”
(04-26-2020, 02:27 PM)RickoDean Wrote: I’ve had some success with manually assigning midi cc #’s to my control surface using the controllers control app. in my case mine was iCon iControls app. I began using Mackie control protocol for the usual keystrokes commands. Does your control surface has a “control app?”

Thanks RickoDean !
With the BCR you can edit every knob or pot to send whatever you like,
so that is not the problem.
The problem is that I can not even try out different assignings because the maps just do not show up in Mixbus
so I can not even check whether something works as desired or not.
For whatever reason when I copy code from existing maps,
and paste it into one of my own in order to edit it there,
the map won't show up.
When I type the same info into the map however the map does show up.
Huh

VERY sensitive animals these midi map thingies...
is it possible to use another software/app to see if its the editor that is the issue?

while this is not an experience from midi maps-
I have had situations where what seemed like 2 app's that could both edit text and compile, only one would work correctly when applied
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
I have no experience with midi maps at all, but I do have experience in coding. I'd suggest using Notepad++ as your editor. It might be a encoding issue. Notepad++ will help you analysing the problem.
Thank you whiskeynipple and Dirk,

I think you are right, it has something to do with the editor i'm using.
In the meantime I was able to write a midi map that controls the eq, though
so I am on the right path.
i have to avoid copying and pasting that's for sure.
It seems that Notepad++ isn't available for Mac but I will check some
other text/code editors.
not a problem
Sounds like this may be a question directly for Harrison. Which format/protocol/encoder is did they use / do we need to use?
there are a few for mac but it sounds like it may be a long process of elimination with out insight
text wrangler, python are text editors Ive used to compile - but I have no idea if that works for this - Ive used them for .plist files.
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
(04-28-2020, 10:00 AM)whiskeynipple0088 Wrote: Sounds like this may be a question directly for Harrison. Which format/protocol/encoder is did they use / do we need to use?

Concerning the lack of documentation in that matter and the way the subject of controlling Mixbus in general is handled by Harrison i have the impression that they are quite content with letting the user fiddle around 'til he comes up with what he wants.
Obviously I am not the first one who has to go this trial and error route...
On Mac, I used an app called “midi monitor” to listen for and display midi notes Coming from app and hardware. When it comes to midi mapping, it is very intricate and time consuming process. In regards to the BR, I would double check to ensure that the controller is in correct mode and you are mapping its midi notes as keystrokes that points to shortcut keys for MixBus 32c. I’m trying to get my iControls mini controller to detect the next set of banks. I’m still working on my controller. Day 3