Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MASTER Channel Meter
Hello, All -

In the preferences, it seems I should be able to assign a K-20 type meter
to the MASTER channel. But, even though that option is selected, the
Master channel still shows a K-14 meter.

Is this a bug?

MB32C - 6.0.702

Thanks!
Patrick
I think by selecting a K value will not change the meter GUI that is normal. The same meter shows zero always at the signal value chosen as a K.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I think that changing the value of K has no effect on the VU meter. It only applies to the completely useless meter at the top next to the timeline.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
(04-26-2020, 01:29 PM)JiriR Wrote: completely useless meter at the top next to the timeline.

yes, it is. luckily, you have an option to remove it (in Preferences)
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Those various meter settings also apply to the meter bridge. Though I'd also like being able to change the K-meter on the master channel to K-20 - probably also to K/ITU instead of K/RMS.

So +1 for that. Smile

Though I guess that maybe the whole gain staging might not be optimized for mixing to a lower loudness target.
Yes, I've already specified the type of Master meter to "K-20" in the Meterbridge
options, and that displays and operates as expected.
However, the meter of the Master bus strip in the mixer display still displays,
and acts, as a K-14 type.
It seems to me that both of these meters should follow the same specification.

And, while I'm thinking about it...
Why do I still see those little "bouncy" peak indicators floating around above "0"
in the meterbridge master section when the master channel limiter is engaged?
Shouldn't that show a hard-stop at "0" (or "-1") ??

Thanks!
Patrick
(04-27-2020, 08:02 AM)PBuryk Wrote: Why do I still see those little "bouncy" peak indicators floating around above "0"
in the meterbridge master section when the master channel limiter is engaged?
Shouldn't that show a hard-stop at "0" (or "-1") ??

That one in the meter bridge is a combined K/RMS and peak meter, and on that scale the hard stop for the peak meter would be at +13 or +19 for K-14 or K-20 respectively, with the default -1 dBFS peak limiter.