Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording on sigle track
Hi All
When I record in MB6 I use Shift Spacebar and record that way, it starts and arms the track.
If I mess up or want to hear the track I hit spacebar but now MB starts overwriting the track I have.
I used to be able to preview the new track just using spacebar.
How do I stop MB overwriting the track ?
I normally use shift spacebar to overwrite not just spacebar.

Hope this makes sense I've used shift and space bar so long now I keep overwriting stuff.
To recap:
I hit shift spacebar to start recording ( the track is armed already, record the track
When I go to Play it back to listen (spacebar only) MB writes a new track over mine?
Can I go back to using shift spacebar if I want to record the same track.
Cheers All
Bob
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
(04-24-2020, 10:40 AM)wavesound Wrote: Hi All
When I record in MB6 I use Shift Spacebar and record that way, it starts and arms the track.
If I mess up or want to hear the track I hit spacebar but now MB starts overwriting the track I have.

Hope this makes sense I've used shift and space bar so long now I keep overwriting stuff.
To recap:
I hit shift spacebar to start recording ( the track is armed already, record the track
When I go to Play it back to listen (spacebar only) MB writes a new track over mine?
Cheers All
Bob

Manual:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
You have to remember to un-arm the track before you hit spacebar to play back. I think that's the issue here.
(04-24-2020, 01:17 PM)bjohnh Wrote: You have to remember to un-arm the track before you hit spacebar to play back. I think that's the issue here.

Yes but I didn't have to do this before. I'm sure.
global record is armed ( flashing) and if I wanted to record I would hit shift spacebar.
If I didn't I could play the track I recorded and not overwrite it.
Is this an Ardour thing? Thanks for the replies .
Bob

(04-24-2020, 12:52 PM)Tassy Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 10:40 AM)wavesound Wrote: Hi All

To recap:
Cheers All
Bob

Manual:

Yes but when the track is recorded and I want to preview it Space bar should just play the track and not overwrite unless I select shift spacebar.
Is this something changed in MB6?
cheers

(04-24-2020, 01:17 PM)bjohnh Wrote: You have to remember to un-arm the track before you hit spacebar to play back. I think that's the issue here.

Hi Yes I will have to do this, shift R is now my friend I must have been on auto pilot in the past.
Cheers bob
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.