Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MixBus 32c Crashes when muting regions while track is playing
Hey guys.

I find that when I'm playing my track, if I mute regions (on or off) a couple of times, Mixbus crashes.

Actually I can't keep Mixbuss 32c running for any period of time as it crashes often. The muting issue is one culprit which I'll keep my eye on as I've been able to reproduce it. There could be other reasons too.

I'm running Mixbus32c ver. 5.3.22 on Mac Pro 5.1 / OSX 10.12.6.
I'm going to update to 10.13 as that's the last OSX for this particular Mac Pro. I don't know if that will help though.

Thanks for your time,

Mitch
(04-16-2020, 03:40 PM)Archetype Music Wrote: Hey guys.

I find that when I'm playing my track, if I mute regions (on or off) a couple of times, Mixbus crashes.

Actually I can't keep Mixbuss 32c running for any period of time as it crashes often. The muting issue is one culprit which I'll keep my eye on as I've been able to reproduce it. There could be other reasons too.

I'm going to update to 10.13 as that's the last OSX for this particular Mac Pro. I don't know if that will help though.

Thanks for your time,

Mitch

I have the same problem. It crashes suddenly, sometimes just by selecting a region. I work with a Macbook pro 2018
Many crashes with Mixbus. But I think it's worth being patient.
I get crashes while loading non activated vst Plug Ins.
Sometimes the Audio engine is going nuts, causing long delays or routing mess. After a restart, it's mostly fine.

These are minor things I can live with. However, recently I don't want to work with Mixbus having a client sitting next to me.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
(04-16-2020, 03:40 PM)Archetype Music Wrote: when I'm playing my track, if I mute regions (on or off) a couple of times, Mixbus crashes.

Are you muting the entire track (using its Mute key) or just muting a given region using Alt+1 - or muting a whole group of regions using Alt+1? I tried all 3 options (admittedly on Windows) but I didn't see any crashes.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-16-2020, 03:40 PM)Archetype Music Wrote: Hey guys.

Thanks for your time,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

I have just tested this on Mixbus 32C 5.3.22 and 32C 6.0.697 on macOS 10.14.6 and cannot replicate your issue.

I am able to mute/unmute regions (Control+1) and at the same time write Mute automation whilst the transport is playing.

Is your session playing from an external or non-system drive ? Are you working at a really high sample frequency, or with mega tracks or 3rd party plugs ?

Have you tried downloading and testing v6 on your system ? You can run v5 and v6 on the same machine without issue and you can trial the software before buying.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5