• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importing 3rd party instruments to Mixbus 32-cv6
Macine:
IMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019
prosessor 3GHz Intel core i5
Memory 40GB 24000 MHz DDR4
Startdisk Macintosh HD-data
Grafikk Radeon Pro 570x 4GB

My recently purchased Mixbus 32-c v6 will not import any 3rd party virtual instruments like Superior Drummer, East west Play, EZyplayer. Kontakt 5, Native instruments and more
Each time i scan , Mixbus stops and crashes halfway and an error popup shows up with an option to send to apple and to restart. None of my other DAWS have any problems with this.
Need help urgently
(04-15-2020, 06:57 AM)fatfrankie88 Wrote: My recently purchased Mixbus 32-c v6 will not import any 3rd party virtual instruments like Superior Drummer, East west Play, EZyplayer. Kontakt 5, Native instruments and more
Each time i scan , Mixbus stops and crashes halfway and an error popup shows up with an option to send to apple and to restart. None of my other DAWS have any problems with this.
Need help urgently

I had the same issue. Mixbus has a tendency to crash finding nonactivated plugins. This is a bit odd as you have to load a new Plugin first to activate it. A solution can be to use another DAW like Cubase Elements etc. to activate the Plugin first. Also, Mixbus doesn't like some vst for some unknown reason. I could load and work perfectly with my Padshop Pro but Mixbus ignore my Halion SE.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
Loading MIDI plugs has two ways and they offer different options
- Adding a midi track and then inserting a VSTi has less options
- Adding a midi track and from the dialogue to choose an instrument from the list offers more options, like spreading to audio tracks etc.

(04-17-2020, 09:10 AM)Till Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:57 AM)fatfrankie88 Wrote: My recently purchased Mixbus 32-c v6 will not import any 3rd party virtual instruments like Superior Drummer, East west Play, EZyplayer. Kontakt 5, Native instruments and more
Need help urgently

I had the same issue. Mixbus has a tendency to crash finding nonactivated plugins. This is a bit odd as you have to load a new Plugin first to activate it. A solution can be to use another DAW like Cubase Elements etc. to activate the Plugin first. Also, Mixbus doesn't like some vst for some unknown reason. I could load and work perfectly with my Padshop Pro but Mixbus ignore my Halion SE.

Loading MIDI plugs has two ways and they offer different options
- Adding a midi track and then inserting a VSTi has less options
- Adding a midi track and from the dialogue to choose an instrument from the list offers more options, like spreading to audio tracks etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
there are no VST or AU Instruments in any menue in my MB32-c version 6 to choose anywhere from!
This is the reply form MIxbus support:Hi Frank,

We have seen this problem before. It is very rare. But it is easy to fix. First, please use the main Apple menu to 'Force Quit' -> Mixbus.

Do you know where your VST plugins are stored on Mac? You will find them in {Mac HD}/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

Please look inside that folder, and see if there is a "link" or other folder inside called "VST", which "Get Info" will report is a link back to the main VST folder .. please delete that link.

The "VST" is a "symlink" (or: shortcut) back to the main VST folder. When Mixbus follows that link, it gets stuck in a loop, constantly scanning the VST folder recursively. We're fairly sure that a plugin manufacturer installs this link by accident, but we're not sure who it is.

If you recently installed a plugin before this problem started, please tell us which manufacturer it was.

I hope this helps you solve the issue!
The file didi not exist in my VST ´s!! so what now???
this VST "symlink" does not exist in my system and since the scan does not complete and crashes it does not produce a crash log
There is no way in finding any culprit.
In addition to MIDI instrument problems, there is the same issue with 3rd party effects plugins.. even when it has managed to gather a few plugins they get excluded at he next session startup. I am totally pissed off with their support taking too long to respond and sometimes not at all. I have NO problems with any of my other DAWs so Iḿ not a dummy!
I even clean Installed all my HD and only installed MXBUS 32-c 6 and One waves plugin after many scans from inside MB it found it and when inserted to a track it didnt work..
The fault must reside in MB not in my Imac "2019 version"
(05-11-2020, 07:11 AM)fatfrankie88 Wrote: I am totally pissed off with their support taking too long to respond and sometimes not at all.

Are you sure you talk about Harrison and their Mixbus support?
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
yeah you bet ,...iḿ talking about Harrison Mixbus support...most unsatisfactory...2months I had this problem with both MB5 and now MB6 several occasions ivé ask for a teamViewer session so they can check out my machine for them selves, but so far NO RESPONS on that,, WAVES, support, on the other hand, were quick to do a TeamViewer session and solved the problem in 5 minutes...they unfortunately have no knowledge of MIXBUS.. so far only Pro Tools; Digital Performer, Logic Pro x Ableton live; Mainstage, Studio one 4 pro,, where as what do Mixbus support know about 3rd party plugins...apparently very little, almost NOTHING according to a reply from them since there re so many different producers to cover.
Pathetic!! how about covering the main go to 3rd party fxś and virtual instruments??
There is a problem with my mxbus and not my machine since I deleted all HDś and reinstalled OSX and mixbus and one waves plugin and mixbus couldn´t scan it on startup and when in MB _ preferences-plugins clear_ scan for plugins ,it didn´t find WAVes producer or the plugin, but the scan just stopped and no plugin AU or VST
Surely then,... support should want to solve this problem and gain themselves a little more knowledge to improve their product

YES damned right Iḿ talking about Harrison and their so called Support
(05-12-2020, 03:42 AM)fatfrankie88 Wrote: yeah you bet ,...iḿ talking about Harrison Mixbus support...most unsatisfactory...2months I had this problem with both MB5 and now MB6 several occasions ivé ask for a teamViewer session so they can check out my machine for them selves, but so far NO RESPONS on that,, WAVES, support, on the other hand, were quick to do a TeamViewer session and solved the problem in 5 minutes...they unfortunately have no knowledge of MIXBUS.. so far only Pro Tools; Digital Performer, Logic Pro x Ableton live; Mainstage, Studio one 4 pro,, where as what do Mixbus support know about 3rd party plugins...apparently very little, almost NOTHING according to a reply from them since there re so many different producers to cover.
Pathetic!! how about covering the main go to 3rd party fxś and virtual instruments??
There is a problem with my mxbus and not my machine since I deleted all HDś and reinstalled OSX and mixbus and one waves plugin and mixbus couldn´t scan it on startup and when in MB _ preferences-plugins clear_ scan for plugins ,it didn´t find WAVes producer or the plugin, but the scan just stopped and no plugin AU or VST
Surely then,... support should want to solve this problem and gain themselves a little more knowledge to improve their product

I don't know... something in your choice of words and expression lets me think there's another side to that claim... It's pretty unusual that *nothing* works which works *everywhere else* and that Harrison don't try to help at all... But I'm a fanboi, I may be wrong.
Huh
MMM

Are you running Catalina? maybe you find something here:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/art...ility-list

It's relatively current.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-12-2020, 03:42 AM)fatfrankie88 Wrote: yeah you bet ,...iḿ talking about Harrison Mixbus support...most unsatisfactory...2months I had this problem with both MB5 and now MB6 several occasions ivé ask for a teamViewer session so they can check out my machine for them selves, but so far NO RESPONS on that,, WAVES, support, on the other hand, were quick to do a TeamViewer session and solved the problem in 5 minutes...they unfortunately have no knowledge of MIXBUS.. so far only Pro Tools; Digital Performer, Logic Pro x Ableton live; Mainstage, Studio one 4 pro,, where as what do Mixbus support know about 3rd party plugins...apparently very little, almost NOTHING according to a reply from them since there re so many different producers to cover.

That is strange, being kind to ask I always had an answer and much faster than I expected ...
I see that you tend to ask for support often and in several companies, maybe the problem is neither the software nor the hardware. I have Macbook Pro 2019 and no problem around here.
Is that supposed to be a useful reply or the need to be sarcastic??

I work with music production, I have an MCSE class 2004 & CCNA and have had MAC since 2008...
I have ample knowledge of computer systems and networking...I also hold a certificate for Market management....which incase you don´t know has an in depth study of...CUSTOMER SUPPORT... and market research.

I am also a practicing musical entertainer and know how to treat people.

Unfortunately I do not suffer idiots easily
Some issues are not solved by "off the Cuff" solutions and demand a closer study of the problem. This is time consuming but GOOD customer service-
In your case .suggesting Iḿ the problem is very poor cutomer service, I hope you dont work as one...
Good news is ....you can improve