Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting Region Gain Curve
Hello. There is pretty function to set up and adjust region gain curve by range tool (make range, than switch to draw mode and make gain curve possitive or negative).
BUT I can't find delete gain curve by range tool. I use gain curve often, and it is take a time to delete envelope points manually (shift + right click). Now Range tool + delete = deleting ranging part of my region.
Is there a method to delete a range of gain envelope in the same way it was created by range tool?
Use the Grab tool to highlight the entire region, right click on the region, select the region name at the top of the list, scroll down the list to gain, reset envelope.
If you only want to reset a specific area, use the cut tool to make a smaller region.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hello Dingo! Thank you for answer.
I'm familiar with "reset envelope" function. Do you know other ways to clean up the gain curve in small range area without cutting a region?
(04-22-2020, 07:48 AM)Oleg Wrote: Hello Dingo! Thank you for answer.
I'm familiar with "reset envelope" function. Do you know other ways to clean up the gain curve in small range area without cutting a region?

we used to be able to rubberband-select a group of region gain automation points, and then hit delete to clear just those points. that ability seems to have been lost in recent versions -- i think this is a serious loss of functionality.

afaik, the closest thing we still have is this:

ctrl-click (command-click on mac) a number of points in a row to select them all. then backspace (delete on mac) deletes them. this has the advantage of being able to select and delete non-sequential points, but it's a pain in the ass if you want to delete a large number of contiguous points.

currently, i don't think "edit mode" offers any advantage over "draw mode" for editing region gain points. Sad

also... rubberband selection then dragging of a group of points was a great way to move points up and down OR left and right. that is often useful, and allows us to preserve a ramp to and from points outside the selection group. there are often cases where that is a useful thing, rather than being stuck with ONLY the option to move range-selected points up/down, with "guard points" enforcing the pre-existing gain at the range limits. sometimes we don't want those gain jumps which are produced by that method.
we used to be able to rubberband-select a group of region gain automation points, and then hit delete to clear just those points. that ability seems to have been lost in recent versions -- i think this is a serious loss of functionality.

I just logged on to post about this. I just read in the manual in the Region Gain Automation section that if you have the Edit tool selected, you can "Click in empty space to make a rubberband-selection ( box selection ). This will select the enclosed automation points which can then be moved or deleted together". However, it does not work. It does work in an automation lane.
@Perry: thanks for bringing this to our attention; I'll make a note to fix that.

If you want to clear the entire region's gain line, you can right-click on the region (or use the Region menu) and find Gain->Reset Gain Envelope

-Ben