Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to insert silence and move tracks, markers and automation?
I tried to insert "silence at start" in the Export Edit page.
I put check mark and try to input some numbers and the moment I hit Save the numbers turn to zeroes again. So I ssume this feature doesnt work.

I put my tracks at zero start and assigned markers and automation.
When I export it to .wav 44\24 some samlples at the start are "eaten", I get a cutoff of the very beginning of the song.

In Reaper I saw some script or feature to move everything to the right.
Is it possible in Mixbus 6?

Thanks.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Move the playhead to the very left of the edit range (zero), select ALL the tracks you want to change.
In the drop down menu Track / Insert Time.
You will get a pop up window with option to change time, select markers etc.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...track-menu
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks a lot, Dingo!

A note to the devs:

It worked after some fiddling with the values. In my case the fidelity was not inportant so I havent got a clue on what exact time I moved all my tracks to the right.

However I found the numbers in the input field extremely confusing and not working as one would expect.
E.g. I want to insert 1 bar. I right-click, select Bars/Beats and see this: 000|00|0000.

First of all what does these bunch of zeros belong to and what do they mean?

My expectation to see is Bars: fist segment, Beats: second segment. Whats up with the third segment here? Why not explain what does all those numbers mean with a popup or write it above the corresponding fields?

Then comes the issue with the input. I want to insert 1 Bar. I expect to click on the first segment and type 1 (without any zeroes). In reality when I try to type 1 it is positioned in the last zero like this: 000|00|0001.

Now I am really confused. What does this all mean? It suppose I can move the 1 by keyboard arrows to be at least like this: 001|00|0000. Arrows dont work.
I press 1 several times to get to the destination and see this: 001|11|1111. What? Then say I click "Move markers". The numbers turn to 003|03|1111. FAIL.

Conclusion:
The representation of the values is cryptic and hard to understand.
The input implementation is counterintuitive and broken. (I assume it refers to all fields which use the same right-click menu: Insert/Remove silence in Export menu, Nugde in Editor, maybe some others which I dont know)
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
The Bars field represents musical time (BBT): Bars|Beats|Ticks.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...nsport-bar
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I agree that the entry of BBT values is very difficult.

If you select a "Range" with the range tool before entering this dialog, I believe the start and length of the range to insert will be auto-filled by your Range selection.

But overall we need to improve this operation, since it is very common.

Best,
-Ben
Dingo and Ben,

Thank you for your help and attention, really appreciated.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92