Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips: Session Organization
Hi!

I just want to show you how I organize my sessions. Here, I have just imported all the multi-tracks for 9 songs for a full album. The client will have the final master within three days.

For me, the V6 is not usable yet for audio/MIDI tracking, but after mixing six melodies with it on other projects, I find V6 rock stable and nothing less than amazing for mixing. I'm extremely satisfied so far and look forward to see the tracking capabilities catching up. Then I will retire V5.

Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Jostein -

Thanks for the view!

I've adapted a similar structure, but a bit more involved:

HOME/Studio/Projects/{ProjectName}/Songs/{SongName}/MB5-32C/{Mixbus session files}/

At the /MB5-32C/ level I also have branches for:

/MB5/
/MB6-32C/
/MB6/ (new addition, going forward)
/Audacity/
/HD24/
/Repository/
/Mixes/

This allows me to keep all work for a project or specific song under one folder structure
regardless of what a partner might have used as a origination platform.

Yes, one of my track providers still uses Audacity.
HD24 is an Alesis 24-track ADAT
Repository is where I retain various submitted WAV, MP3, etc files
Mixes is where I copy processed mixes for review or more to MASTERING branch.

My partners (at remote studios) use the same structure so everyone knows exactly where everything is during our Project Zoom calls.
Making archival backups of Projects and/Songs is a simple task.

Cheers!
Patrick
(04-14-2020, 04:25 PM)PBuryk Wrote: I've adapted a similar structure, but a bit more involved:

HOME/Studio/Projects/{ProjectName}/Songs/{SongName}/MB5-32C/{Mixbus session files}/

At the /MB5-32C/ level I also have branches for:

/MB5/
/MB6-32C/
/MB6/ (new addition, going forward)
/Audacity/
/HD24/
/Repository/
/Mixes/

I believe that's exactly the same structure as I have (only names differ)! :-) I use other folders, such as rg (Rosegarden for MIDI) and raw_files for the files the client sends me when it's a clean mixing project.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox