Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Input section (advanced) modeled
Just curious.. Is this even possible in the future?
Sorry for the quality of the picture. Couldn't find better.
This is a input section from harrison console (sorry, don't know which)
I mean like Waves have it's mixhub cla ssl channel strip input section with mic and line drive. Or uad ones (SSL, neve, api)
I'm sure that if Harrison could make this section in mixbus 32c it would be a way better sounding than any other plugin on the market. Due to full component modeling they did in 32c.
Any thoughts? [Image: 491ddce49ef2b8b404a54268080f101e.jpg]

Отправлено с моего AUM-L41 через Tapatalk
(02-27-2020, 12:59 PM)Vladimir Sibley Wrote: Just curious.. Is this even possible in the future?
I mean like Waves have it's mixhub cla ssl channel strip input section with mic and line drive. Or uad ones (SSL, neve, api)
I'm sure that if Harrison could make this section in mixbus 32c it would be a way better sounding than any other plugin on the market. Due to full component modeling they did in 32c.

I 2nd that.
But input section "preamp" isn't modeled yet, or is? I can't find answer Smile
(02-28-2020, 02:36 PM)Eek De Negro Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 12:59 PM)Vladimir Sibley Wrote: Just curious.. Is this even possible in the future?

I 2nd that.
Isn't the preamp the actual physical preamp on your inputs?
I assume the request is to be able to add the 'artefacts' that the original 32C mic pre-amp exhibited ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-29-2020, 05:32 PM)Dingo Wrote: I assume the request is to be able to add the 'artefacts' that the original 32C mic pre-amp exhibited ?
Bingo Smile

(02-29-2020, 04:17 PM)GiRa Wrote: Isn't the preamp the actual physical preamp on your inputs?

+1 Wink

Also I'm not sure why this specific cut of the image was choosen. I'm quite sure though that the section above the gain control doesn't have to do with what the user is asking for.
(03-02-2020, 08:31 AM)the C.L.A. Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 04:17 PM)GiRa Wrote: Isn't the preamp the actual physical preamp on your inputs?

+1 Wink

Also I'm not sure why this specific cut of the image was choosen. I'm quite sure though that the section above the gain control doesn't have to do with what the user is asking for.
Well, yes. Physical inputs already delivers some sound to the source.
I mean what about electro music? Hip hop? Other genres? For example you can add a lot of fatness and nice distortion to the sound when increasing virtual mic drive and pulling down output fader.
This feature is used a lot in waves cla mixhub and uad ones, as I mentioned before.
So this is not a request actually. This is just curiosity.
But if this could be possible - would be great.
But then another cpu usage increase is going to be I suppose.

Exactly. I do alot computer produced eletronic music/hiphop too and would be nice have preamp simulation/saturation as part of Mixbus. I know this can be solved via third-party plugins, but this not that elegant and straighforward. For me it can be future request Smile

[/quote]Well, yes. Physical inputs already delivers some sound to the source.
I mean what about electro music? Hip hop? Other genres? For example you can add a lot of fatness and nice distortion to the sound when increasing virtual mic drive and pulling down output fader.
This feature is used a lot in waves cla mixhub and uad ones, as I mentioned before.
So this is not a request actually. This is just curiosity.
But if this could be possible - would be great.
But then another cpu usage increase is going to be I suppose.

[/quote]
It seems to me there are a lot of threads lately that are asking for lots of possible features that are already available using plugins. I'm sure Harrison would be better focussing development on improving the core functions rather than adding every niche feature which may only be used by a handful of users. There are already a number of mixer channel emulations including a freebie called Channel from Dead Duck Software which is a simplified SSL channel. Or you can go to the extreme and use an outboard channl strip like Harrison's own 32CS microphone preamp and channel strip.
[Image: 32cs_front.png]
Doesn't hurt to ask of course, but it shouldn't hurt to not get what you ask for when it is already available through other methods anyway.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.