Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 - Error log item on launch
Greetings,

Is anyone else getting the following error when creating news sessions or launching sessions in V6?

[ERROR]: Butler read ahead failure on dstream auditioner

I have seen it at least once in each new session, and a string of times on a quick test session. I haven't notified Harrison yet since I wanted to see if it was local to me.

Thanks,

Matt
Tech specs: Windows 11, Asus Prime Z790-A, I7-12700K @ 7.7K; Hyper-threading enabled, G.Skill DDR5-5600 64GB RAM, Integrated GPU, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB SSD, Benq 32" 4K Monitor
Mixbus 32C versions: 9.2
I contacted support about the issue. However, this morning I did the following:

1) Uninstalled V6
2) Deleted the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Mixbus6 folder
3) Reinstalled V6
4) On launch, I DID NOT give permission to import V5 settings
5) I walked through the regular "new user" items.

I'm early in the game at the moment, but I'm seeing two positive outcomes so far:
  • The error message has gone away
  • DSP for an empty session is back to 6% (previously 20-30%)

The testing continues!

Matt
Tech specs: Windows 11, Asus Prime Z790-A, I7-12700K @ 7.7K; Hyper-threading enabled, G.Skill DDR5-5600 64GB RAM, Integrated GPU, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB SSD, Benq 32" 4K Monitor
Mixbus 32C versions: 9.2
(02-16-2020, 07:08 AM)GMSweet Wrote: I contacted support about the issue.  However, this morning I did the following:

1) Uninstalled V6
2) Deleted the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Mixbus6 folder
3) Reinstalled V6
4) On launch, I DID NOT give permission to import V5 settings
5) I walked through the regular "new user" items.

I'm early in the game at the moment, but I'm seeing two positive outcomes so far: 

• The error message has gone away
  • DSP for an empty session is back to 6% (previously 20-30%)

The testing continues!

Matt
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
ERROR]: Butler read ahead failure on dstream auditioner may still need to be addressed as reinstalling is only 1 answer, but NOT a way to fix the issue with a system that needs to be intact.
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool