Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intermittent white noise
I have downloaded v6 32C and am experiencing a intermittent white noise through the system?, every minute or so? very random
Shows on all channels, regardless of sample size. not showing on the converter meters
Lynx Arora 16 PCIe

Any ideas?
Do you have a license or are you just testing the product ?
It has been a long time, but I am pretty sure the demo version emits noise burst until you buy the license.
Here is a link to the manual detailing license installation.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-platforms
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 32C  9.2.172 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 32C  9.2.172 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-14-2020, 05:49 PM)Dingo Wrote: Do you have a license or are you just testing the product ?
It has been a long time, but I am pretty sure the demo version emits noise burst until you buy the license.
Here is a link to the manual detailing license installation.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-platforms

I have a License unless it did not take but it says Licensed to me?
Is there any chance that all channels are on auto input or input and that you are seeing something coming from your Lynx I/O ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 32C  9.2.172 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 32C  9.2.172 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-14-2020, 06:47 PM)Dingo Wrote: Is there any chance that all channels are on auto input or input and that you are seeing something coming from your Lynx I/O ?

I will check later but I don't think so, I'm not seeing anything on the Lynx meters. I had 16 channels going just setting up a test session with nothing printed to the daw and it was happening. No channels were armed
(02-14-2020, 07:03 PM)e.riemer Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:47 PM)Dingo Wrote: Is there any chance that all channels are on auto input or input and that you are seeing something coming from your Lynx I/O ?

I will check later but I don't think so, I'm not seeing anything on the Lynx meters. I had 16 channels going just setting up a test session with nothing printed to the daw and it was happening. No channels were armed

Maybe you are speaking about the small amount of signal seen at the bottom of the meter strip
(green lines)
It is there in all the MB versions in all tracks. I think it is the analogue emulation, it may increase by some plugs added that also has this feature. If you hear it you have ultra excellent ears. That is my thought, must be confirmed or denied by Harrison.
If you hear something else I do not know what it could be.
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I'm pretty sure other users have reported still hearing the noise bursts, even though MB says it's licensed. You'd be best to contact the Mixbus support team by email.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(02-15-2020, 02:21 AM)Tassy Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 07:03 PM)e.riemer Wrote:

Maybe you are speaking about the small amount of signal seen at the bottom of the meter strip
(green lines)
It is there in all the MB versions in all tracks. I think it is the analogue emulation, it may increase by some plugs added that also has this feature. If you hear it you have ultra excellent ears. That is my thought, must be confirmed or denied by Harrison.
If you hear something else I do not know what it could be.
Tassy

Definitely not that, just a random burst of white noise
(02-15-2020, 06:20 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm pretty sure other users have reported still hearing the noise bursts, even though MB says it's licensed. You'd be best to contact the Mixbus support team by email.

In fact... wasn't it due to having too many copies of the license installed..?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Please check Window->License Manager. If it says "unlicensed" then this means you should delete your license file ("license_key_harrison_{product_name}.txt") (if one exists) and re-download or reinstall it from your Harrison-supplied email.

Some people try to change their "name" inside the license file, so it prints differently on startup. That will invalidate the license. Mixbus thinks you are trying to circumvent the license process, and it starts generating intermittent noise.

It's also possible to accidentally corrupt the file, if you open it in a text editor or copy/paste the text wrong.

If you need Harrison to change and/or re-send your license information, please write our support email: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

If License->Window Manager says that Mixbus is licensed to you, but you are still hearing an intermittent noise, then you should open all your third-party plugin windows and check to see if they are running in a demo mode. Some plugins generate occasional noise, or silence, when they are unlicensed.