Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careful uninstall Mixbus 5 - Instrument Lost
Since I download 32C Version 6, I uninstalled Version 5.
After that, many intstrument libraries and Licenes Files are gone in Cubase Elements 10.5
I.e:

Uninstall is obviously removing shared libraries.
(02-15-2020, 10:02 AM)Till Wrote: Uninstall is obviously removing shared libraries.

Mixbus is entirely self-contained and removing it does not have any effect on 3rd party software.

On Windows all of Harrison Mixbus is below C:\Program Files\Mixbus5\ - the uninstaller won't remove anything else. -- I suggest to check Windows' System Tools, Event Viewer, there are some installer/uninstaller logs, that may indicate what changed. Chances are that it's due to some other change that you've made.

As for Mixbus itself, you'll have to re-scan VST plugins after application install.
PS. Mixbus 5 and 6 can co-exist. You don't have to uninstall MIxbus 5 to run v6.
Different MB versions can stay on the same system theoretically.
There have been never understood effects on each other since mb2.
Now I have mb2, 32C-5, and 32C-6 on. Not planing to uninstall any. Seems they are friendly to each other now.
For new versions a lot more time needed to decide getting rid of older, if at all.

There always have been random differences, popups etc.. even if MB was installed on the other one or uninstalled and installed again.
Not only MB but almost all the million softwares put their footprint in a lot different places on the hard drive.

If you save some files hidden or not to another drive, then delete the original and somethings do not work (for sure!) it will not work in 90% even if you drag back the saved guys to their original place.
Windows is a strange animal
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(02-15-2020, 10:38 AM)Tassy Wrote: Not only MB but almost all the million softwares put their footprint in a lot different places on the hard drive.

I can only state this for Mixbus: A given major version is completely self-contained, below a single folder. There is nothing hidden elsewhere.

With two (and only two) exceptions:
* The install-dir and uninstaller are set in the Windows-Registry HKLM "Software\Mixbus"
and HKLM "Windows\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"
* The filetype is registered (also Window Registry)

There is additional runtime data (user-preferences), %localappdata%\mixbus6\ (all in a single folder per major version, per user).
(02-15-2020, 10:51 AM)x42 Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 10:38 AM)Tassy Wrote: Not only MB but almost all the million softwares put their footprint in a lot different places on the hard drive.

I can only state this for Mixbus: A given major version is completely self-contained, below a single folder. There is nothing hidden elsewhere.

With two (and only two) exceptions:
* The install-dir and uninstaller are set in the Windows-Registry HKLM "Software\Mixbus"
and HKLM "Windows\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"
* The filetype is registered (also Window Registry)

There is additional runtime data (user-preferences), %localappdata%\mixbus6\ (all in a single folder per major version, per user).

Hi x42
Seems I have more than just two exceptions
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv3jfwhgwvrxv2...s.mp4?dl=0

sure there are the licence keys and crash reports
and the others?
I wonder which folders, files can be deleted without causing any problem.
Can you help in this?
Thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,