Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Channel Settings For Imported Stems
Hi, my main workflow is to import stems from another DAW to remix in Mixbus32C coz it sounds better.

After import I created a group of all channels, pull down the gain fader and turn routing to main output to OFF. This saves me from having to do that each individual channel. Then I remove the group.

Then I set all channels from 'Limiter' to 'Compressor' and set the gain to 12 o'clock - due to I cant find a way of doing this globally.

So question : Is there a way to define all default channel settings for imported audio ? A Channel preset if you like that's applied to all imported audio stems.
Good idea adding a track template selection at the import stage.
The way I approach this is to create a template channel.
Add a new channel, (without any audio regions) then make all the adjustments you want, then right mouse 'save as template'.
Then when you add tracks you can select your relevant template from the list LHS of track add window.
Make sure the Editor is in 'Lock' and then you can drag the imported files down onto templated tracks.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5