Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does it take you to complete a mix using Mixbus
How long do some of you take to mix a song, at time’s I feel I need a few months lol, but if you had all the tracks needed for the song, how long does it generally take you to mix a song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What song? How many tracks? How much to edit? What genre? How experienced you are ... +100 etc...
This question cannot be answered. I range 1 to 100 hours about, it depends...
Most guys even do not agree what the start of a mix is. Powering up your gear, creating a new session, importing tracks and how...

In my way mixing starts before recording anything to get to know what the hell of an idea the client wants or whether wants me to find outSmile
One thing is dead sure:
Mixing time is inversely proportional to the recording quality.
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Half the time than in other DAW
macbook pro 2015
version 10.14.6
(12-16-2019, 04:47 AM)eyal Wrote: Half the time than in other DAW

yes - that!

the fact that I can start EQ'ing and Highpass (32C) during playbacks is such a overlooked time saver.

I have capped my mix time to 1.5hrs max. I found it forces me to make decisions and move forward
At least less the half of the time compared to other DAWS I have tried.

For me, the reason is that the Mixbus* family has the most important functions right under the fingertips, the design and philosophy invite to a very quick and intuitive workflow and that I'm liberated from the parameter hell.

Everything goes sooo much quicker when using the ears instead of numbers. The EQ's are fantastic and time-saving, think about how genius it is: -The Q width gets narrower when you turn up the gain of the chosen frequency volume - A time saver when it comes to identifying a sweet spot or problem area and let it glue natural into the mix.
Generally about 90 minutes here.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Great responses, I definitely want to test myself so I can know how long I generally take. I know at times I need more then a day for sure but I will see how long I usually take.

As long as I don’t start running into constant xrun errors and wanting to smash my computer against a wall it’s mostly faster than other daw. Any other function though such as recording and editing, mixbus is much slower
Interesting I don’t get any xruns much or cpu issues, but editing I can see it taking longer since I do have to use another daw for certain features such as elastic audio.