Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compressor mode for Mixbus compression
Does anyone use the compressor mode for glue compression on Mixbuses, I saw the Harrison YouTube video on compression in Mixbus and it was saying it can be used as a glue compression for mixes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the master a brickwall is necessary to prevent (occasional) clipping and setting the ceiling.
intersample clipping is advisable to be prevented, too

Compressor for "gluing" is a question what you mean "gluing". some say glue with reverb.
No rule! I suggest you try such pieces of advice, and decide yourself whether it helped or not.
Only one rule exists: "If it sounds good, it is good!" Naturally if not, it is notSmile

If you want to try I suggest to play with the leveller mode for some occasional 1-2 leds showing up

The built in limiter as I remember has -1dB ceiling that in most cases takes care of the intersample thing, too
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks I’ll look into it, it’s true whatever sounds good is best

Would up compression work to ride parts of the vocals that get too quiet even after compression. In thinking if I set a low ratio upwards compression, to keep the performance steady, I can upward compress anything that falls slightly below the overal threshold of the vocal performance. Other then that there’s automation that can be done but just wondering

I prefer doing clipgain editing for higher volume change correction and not to leave this job for compressors instead of doing it myself.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
My quick and easy Go-to "Glue Compressor" Is the XT-LC on the Masterbus, right before the Limiter. I start with a ratio of around 1.5 and the threshold adjusted so it never attenuates more than 3db.
Usually doing live sound …