Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eq freq expressed as %
V6 is a thing of beauty. Proof that hard work pays off. Support your Harrison developer.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(02-10-2020, 10:01 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 09:04 PM)bjohnh Wrote: In the release notes for Mixbus 32c v. 6 it says this:

"The EQ knobs now show “freq” rather than percent. This is a popular request from users on our forum."
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-in-32c-v6

I'm pretty sure it took a bit of an effort to do this correctly, and correctly it is in the way that when you move the gain knob you will see that the frequency changes. Exactly like a physical RC filter would do. They did a great job there.
I'm liking it but waiting for the confusion/whinging/demanding to show constant frequency reading here in the forum Smile
MMM

Cool! Well, sometimes one should be careful about what one asks for, but I really do not think that matters. The Hz thingy in stead of th knob position was probably the important thing. Thank god I'm using my ears! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
I don't think using our ears and having visual feedback are mutually exclusive. I doubt those asking to see the frequency do not use their ears. Lets be honest: there is no way to mix without our ears! Getting visual feedback is simply one more info, albeit not the most important, but nonetheless one that if it helps some is great to see it added.

Some, like me, who are not very experienced in mixing probably need all the help we can get. Not everyone using Mixbus have been operating a studio for years and welcome all the help we can get in our learning period.

I think that if I hear something I want to emphasize or deamphazie, hunt for it using my ears, then I can relate what I heard with a frequency. That may help the next time, to more rapidly get me in the correct frequency region before tweaking it with my ears.

I never was really bothered by the fact that the frequency was not shown, but I can not see it otherwise than a plus.

We always use our ears, there is no way to get around it. No one could mix by only looking at the numbers! Having the numbers is extra info for some, not a replacement for good ears. Can be ignored by anyone who it distracts.
Isn't it time to delete all this thread?
EQ shows Hz as we wanted. Be happy, don't worrySmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(02-11-2020, 12:29 PM)Black Jacque Shellac Wrote: I don't think using our ears and having visual feedback are mutually exclusive.

I agree 100% - or should I say 100Hz? - on that!

(02-11-2020, 12:47 PM)Tassy Wrote: Isn't it time to delete all this thread?
EQ shows Hz as we wanted. Be happy, don't worrySmile

+1 on happiness! :-) However, I think to delete this thread is a little bit drastic.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox