Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region layers question
Hi guys,

i was wondering if there is way to import like 10 audio files into 1 audio track (as separate stacked layers)?

32c rocks! Smile
Thanks in advance
You can't do it using the import window, but you can do it using drag-and-drop. Create a new audio track, select all your files on your computer's file system, and drag them to that track. As long as Mixbus is set up with the layering option, which is on by default, the files will be added to the track as layers. I just tested it and it works.
(11-22-2019, 07:53 AM)bjohnh Wrote: You can't do it using the import window, but you can do it using drag-and-drop. Create a new audio track, select all your files on your computer's file system, and drag them to that track. As long as Mixbus is set up with the layering option, which is on by default, the files will be added to the track as layers. I just tested it and it works.

Thank you for your kind reply, tho i was aware of that specific way. I was rather curious in direct import, in a way if i overlooked some options.

Cheers!
(11-22-2019, 09:49 AM)dspasic Wrote: Thank you for your kind reply, tho i was aware of that specific way. I was rather curious in direct import, in a way if i overlooked some options.

I don't see any way to do it through the direct import window. What I sometimes do is import all the different takes as individual tracks, and then with the "slide/ripple/lock" button set to "lock" (to keep everything in sync), I just drag each take up to the one track where I want all the layers to reside. Then I delete all the individual tracks that were created during the import. Drag-and-drop is faster, but you can't always maintain perfect sync that way.
(11-22-2019, 11:07 AM)bjohnh Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 09:49 AM)dspasic Wrote: Thank you for your kind reply, tho i was aware of that specific way. I was rather curious in direct import, in a way if i overlooked some options.

I don't see any way to do it through the direct import window. What I sometimes do is import all the different takes as individual tracks, and then with the "slide/ripple/lock" button set to "lock" (to keep everything in sync), I just drag each take up to the one track where I want all the layers to reside. Then I delete all the individual tracks that were created during the import. Drag-and-drop is faster, but you can't always maintain perfect sync that way.

Yes, i was doing it exactly like that for quite some time. I was rather curious if there is any faster workaround (not really an issue to me, but my vision is that this can be improved with not-so-much effort, and could contribute a lot).
one minor question: is there a default hotkey for changing slide/ripple/lock? (my bad i didn't even searched for it)

Thank you for your replies.
(32c kicks *ss!)
It's the 1 key.
(11-27-2019, 12:08 PM)GiRa Wrote: It's the 1 key.

wow... That's really awesome. Thank you for your help!Angel