Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up conversation to higher sample rates before mixing
Not sure if I asked this or not but I have audio files at 48Khz or 44.1 and I wanted to mix them at 96k, does anyone up convert files to higher sample rates to mix, I read that plugins do work and sound differently at different sample rates, I know the sound of the Audio won’t be true native 96khz, but I think it would benefit the mixes even if it’s by the slightest,

Any thoughts on this.
I remember messing around with a amp simulator at different sample rates and I did notice the difference it made on various sample rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not use higher. It is a taste thing maybe. You say you hear different, all right. Different for the better for your ears or not? You know: "if it sounds good, it is good". that simpleSmile
That is what matters not what anyone writes about.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I have Mixbus32C up-sample the files on import for mixing at 96K. I do hear a difference and it allows me to turn off oversampling in a few plugins while mixing. There are many heated debates on this, but after running some simple tests at home I simply choose to run at 24/96 and move on. If it sounds better to you in any quantifiable way, go with it.

Side note...I use my DAW as my bass amp at home. Running at 96K on my audient iD44 provides a lower latency than 48K at the cost of some CPU. I tend to audition plugins using my bass, voice, or acoustic by monitoring through them. I'm a firm believer that if I like what I'm hearing, I will give a better performance. The lower latency scores help do that for me.

Matt
Tech specs: Windows 11, Asus Prime Z790-A, I7-12700K @ 7.7K; Hyper-threading enabled, G.Skill DDR5-5600 64GB RAM, Integrated GPU, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB SSD, Benq 32" 4K Monitor
Mixbus 32C versions: 9.2
That’s great, I’ll try it out myself eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk