Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32 or 64
How can one tell if a vst dll is 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks, having a heck of a time scanning plugs!
on a 64 bit windows machine usually from the installation folder.
A lot of 64 bit dlls exist in Prgramme Files while 32 bit exist to Programme Files (x86).

On linux file xxxx.so gives you the result in the terminal.

On MAC I dont know (but file xxxx.so might work)

Cheers
First we must know whether your MB is 32 or 64 bit.
If you gave the path to your plugins correctly, 64 bit MB will handle only 64 bit plugs but you can use Jbridge to convert the 32 bit plugs to 64 bit daws. Works fine on my PC
32 bit MB handle only 32 bit plugs
It is not in every case that 32 it sfuff is installed under Programfiles(x86) depends of the producer.
If a 32 bit dll is dragged into under the Programfiles/ VST, VST plugins, Steinberg, or any folder you create,,, MB will find it there too.
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(10-23-2019, 01:32 AM)Tassy Wrote: First we must know whether your MB is 32 or 64 bit.
If you gave the path to your plugins correctly, 64 bit MB will handle only 64 bit plugs but you can use Jbridge to convert the 32 bit plugs to 64 bit daws. Works fine on my PC
It is not in every case that 32 it sfuff is installed under Programfiles(x86) depends of the producer.
If a 32 bit dll is dragged into under the Programfiles/ VST, VST plugins, Steinberg, or any folder you create,,, MB will find it there too.
best
Tassy

Thanks guys. Tassy, I don't know if my mixbus 32c is 64 or 32, how to tell? It says 32 in the name, but if you open the about page it says 64.
You mean the setup file name is..32.. but the "about" tells 64? It's funny, you can beleive rather the about.
In early mb5... I installed a 32C 32bit and it showed up as a common MB32 bit. No one knew why. It could not be reproduced even on my system. So I think the "about" can be more trustful.
The present 32c64bit installs and works fine.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
check also this article to find out if the .exe is 32 or 64bit (the second part, https://www.techsupportalert.com/content...32-bit.htm). You can always re-download and re-install the version you want
either 32 or 64-bit

(10-23-2019, 09:07 AM)Milt Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 01:32 AM)Tassy Wrote: First we must know whether your MB is 32 or 64 bit.
best
Tassy

Thanks guys. Tassy, I don't know if my mixbus 32c is 64 or 32, how to tell? It says 32 in the name, but if you open the about page it says 64.
First....I don't think they make 32bit 32c available without special request. so....et's assume it's 64bit if the OP doesn't know.

There's a log in Mixbus--you initiate the plug in scan and then look at the log. It won't inherently tell you that bit depth of what is being blacklisted, but it will give yo ua clue.

But, I'd encourage you to post the plug ins that you can't get working. I can tell yo that the only two that gave me issues were Waves--with their WaveShell thing referencing the legacy x86 directories, which you need administrative access to write to (and I don't run with admin access)...so, I have to elevate an Explorer instance and open the permissions....I think I did the same for Ivory--but, Ivory has returned to giving me issues--maybe they updated--which might've reset some folder permissions to default.

Anyway--the thing that's different from most DAWs (IME) is that Mixbus doesn't check for new plug ins when you open it. This is WONDERFUL....IMO....because it means I can close and open Mixbus in a couple seconds from the NVME drive. It actually takes longer for it to initiate all the third party plug ins' to open the project....f'n copy protection routines....anyway....but, I have to remind myself when I install something new that I have to go in and manually trigger it to reanalyze the directories. There IS an option to tell it to check on every start up, but....not sure how often your'e got to buy new plug ins for that to work out in your favor. It's one of my fave parts of Mixbus--that it DOESN'T.

if you have another DAW that supports BOTH 32 and 64bit....their plug in manager might tell you. Cubase did until they quit supporting 32bit plugs in v9 or 10.

I specify not to even install 32bit when I install a plug in. I have no use for it. Haven't in 10 years or so.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
The help>about says it is Intel 32-bit
about showed 64 some days ago on your post
"It says 32 in the name, but if you open the about page it says 64."
"about says it is Intel 32-bit"
so what happenned?
(10-26-2019, 10:36 AM)Tassy Wrote: about showed 64 some days ago on your post
"It says 32 in the name, but if you open the about page it says 64."
"about says it is Intel 32-bit"
so what happenned?

I know Tassy, and I am such a dotard I didn't realize that I had both 32 an 64 installed' Running 64 solved all of the ozone problems and this morning I installed JBridge and that took care of the 32 bit. I even got my s-gear situation sorted. I will say that Ben and Nik nave a lot of patience.