Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using a server....
Hi;

Anyone using a multicore rack mount server type computer to run mixbus? Are there any issues regarding the graphical performance of these servers?

Thank you for all your experienced comments.
(10-02-2019, 05:05 PM)Guy Poirier Wrote: Hi;

Anyone using a multicore rack mount server type computer to run mixbus? Are there any issues regarding the graphical performance of these servers?

I'm not using a rack mount server, but a full tower form factor server/work station. The integrated graphics chip set was inadequate and required me to install an additional graphics card.
(10-02-2019, 05:05 PM)Guy Poirier Wrote: Hi;

I am not yet running such a configuration, but it is very well possible.
What one needs is a Client - server configuration.

A client which does the video processing, and he rack-server for computations.

In Unix Linux X-Windows is they key solution.
An X-Windows display server handles all the graphics, so it needs a Graphics Card. A standard Linux machine will do as a graphical terminal.

The rackserver does not need any video capabilities: Just txt for configuration.

Just search for X-windows to acquire the knowledge..

There are modern tools like Xpra which work similar.

Kind regards

Frank.
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Good!

Two good replies with two ways of doing it. I really want to explore more of the possibilities. Right now my 2 core 1st gen i7 is feeling the pressure.

Thank you both for the contributions.