Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA with NVIDIA Jetson Nano and Ardour
Has anybody been able to use an AVA effect with Ardour running on NVIDIA Jetson Nano? I've been able to run Ardour on the Jetson Nano - however it's not easy. The Ardour audio engine stops every now and then; but when you click the red circle in the upper right corner and then open the audio engine and click it on, again, it goes back to work. Once it is finished it sounds as good as the material.

It took time to get the Mixbus AVA engine to do anything at all, and WINE by itself wouldn't work. But I kept adding anything that said WINE in the Ubuntu software 'store' (18.04) and finally I had a directory ($_49_) that said it was 64, etc. Directory S_49_ had an icon but I haven't seen that yet. (I don't think all of this would have worked at all yesterday, but I found out how to make Ubuntu give me the permission to run my own stuff.)

Now I need to get something from AVA to run on the Mixbus AVA engine. No luck yet, but it's early in the game. If AVA runs on the Jetson Nano, then maybe it will give me a way to avoid adding another Windows seat. I'm not expecting miracles though. The AVA plugins look like they demand a lot of horsepower.
Didn't mean to say 49 for the big directory - sorry about that - but when you see the contents, it all makes sense.