Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fader Automation on Mixbuses and VCAs
Hey everyone,

I think it would be nice if fader automation on channels which by nature cannot contain regions (Mixbuses and VCAs) should appear directly in that channel's 'lane' in the editor window, without the need to individually open the 'Fader' automation lane. This would save screen real estate and reduce the number of clicks needed to do basic things like print automation on mixbuses to change volume for different song sections.

I realize this may create some complications (where do you put the automation mode context menu), but at the moment I find it very frustrating all the extra clicking to make fader automation (one of the most basic and frequent operations I use) happen on these channels.
I think that's a good idea. I will put it on our ToDo list to consider.
Isn't it also a good idea to be able to have the automation of a "regular" track appear in-line with the signal?

I never use region automation, and would love to save the screen space (as other DAWs do) by having the fader automation overlap the signal display.
You should learn to use region automation Smile

Mixbus has a lot of things you can grab on the track itself (regions, fade handles, gain lines, etc). In my opinion, an additional automation line would be an overload.

-Ben
I guess I'm still not clear why you have region automation that's different from fader automation.

I frequently draw automation with the trackball and then "touch it up" with the hardware fader (Presonus Faderport or Tascam US2400) in latch mode. Is that possible with region automation?

stp