Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing going out of Sync issue
This has been happening to me the last 3 weeks I get working on a mix and fine tuning it and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is out of sync....I have used ADJUST LATENCY to fine tune some trks in the past and it worked great, but with these last two songs they became SALVAGEABLE....

I'm sending you all an example of a song I'm working on and I had saved it at one point and then started using a different SNAPSHOT with the same song and after a couple of days of fine tweaking the mix it went completely out of sync...

I'm also sending you pics of my settings and AUDIO example of the syncing...

Any help much appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dd4wfkz1ljkwn...oaf-a?dl=0

Thx, Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
I never trust any software to do something by itself, so I never touch this "compensation" option.
Does it go off sync even if adjust latency is not applied?
I have all the waves plugs you show and no problem. Cannot be that the EZmix messes up the sync?
For example I have Ozone5 and I love the sound of the IRC II option but it sometimes caused delay IRC and all others not. So I think your case may be a plugin issue /bug.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(06-04-2019, 12:39 PM)Tassy Wrote: I never trust any software to do something by itself, so I never touch this "compensation" option.
Does it go off sync even if adjust latency is not applied?
I have all the waves plugs you show and no problem. Cannot be that the EZmix messes up the sync?
For example I have Ozone5 and I love the sound of the IRC II option but it sometimes caused delay IRC and all others not. So I think your case may be a plugin issue /bug.

Thx Tassy Yes I had never used ADJUST LATENCY before MB but like I said tried it a couple of times on SINGLE channels and it tightened up the mix quite a bit...

Regarding the EZMIX plugin I tried taking it out of the mix and there was NO CHANGE...Also I took the GOOD SYNCED MIX again and started rebuilding it under another SNAPSHOT name (wanting to keep a GOOD VERSION of it somewhere) and after tweaking the mix for about 30 mins it WENT OUT OF SYNC AGAIN....

This is very difficult to work with....
No more left but emailing to Harrison of the issue.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(06-04-2019, 03:59 PM)Tassy Wrote: No more left but emailing to Harrison of the issue.

Thanks Tassy
(06-04-2019, 10:10 AM)owo Wrote: This has been happening to me the last 3 weeks I get working on a mix and fine tuning it and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is out of sync....

Thx, Jeff
Hi Jeff

From your pictures I can see that the "Waves tune mono" on the "Jeff intro" track are enabled and disabled.

This might be another problem than you are experiencing, but I have seen that mixbus get out of sync when I'm disable/enable certain plugins. Mainly XT plugins from Harrison. To fix this I have to stop and restart the transport and everything is in sync again.

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(06-05-2019, 08:24 AM)Sthauge Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 10:10 AM)owo Wrote: This has been happening to me the last 3 weeks I get working on a mix and fine tuning it and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is out of sync....

Thx, Jeff
Hi Jeff

From your pictures I can see that the "Waves tune mono" on the "Jeff intro" track are enabled and disabled.

This might be another problem than you are experiencing, but I have seen that mixbus get out of sync when I'm disable/enable certain plugins. Mainly XT plugins from Harrison. To fix this I have to stop and restart the transport and everything is in sync again.

Thx Sthauge,

Thx on the intro vocal catch, but that trk is only there at the beginning as an Acapella

Also I have had the issue you're talking about and restarting does work but not on this one yet...

I'm starting to have a little better go at it today as I have dragged my midi from SD3 cleared all the ADJUST LATENCY I had put on different trks and put the Drum midi directly on the trk...

I can't understand why it works for weeks inside SD3 and then start to not work...