Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add ARM64 Support - Please
Sad 
I use both Mixbus and Mixbus_32C.
My primary DAW is the Dell Precision m4600 laptop, as described above - running AVLinux.
I also have a Windows computer running Win7 & Win10 that I use only to assist other project "partners".
They are remote studios that run Linux, MS Windows, Mac. They send me their tracks/stems/sessions and I do the final mixes for them.
At the moment that might mean firing up MB/MB32C releases from 3.0 to 5+ (ie., not all the studios have upgraded to the latest MB/MB32C release Dodgy ).
(01-14-2020, 09:08 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Personally, I am very interested in ARM/SBC/RPi etc.

However, many of our customers have purchased third-party plugins for mac/win and they expect to use them in their workflow.

Furthermore, most SBC's are not built for low-latency. (even if the cpu's seem to have plenty of power). The performance varies dramatically, and changes with every rev of the board. If we wanted to pursue a small, dedicated device then we would likely need to test a specific device and sell it as a package. Most SBC's are cheap enough that they'd hardly increase the cost over a pure software system.

I'm interested to know, though: how many of you can live without -any- commercial plugins, and use only the plugins provided inside Mixbus?

Best,
-Ben

I use only the plugins provided inside Mixbus. In fact, the mixer mostly.
As mrskytown11 mentioned earlier, Ardour v6 does apparently support ARM - tho' I don't think performance is great.

And as Ben also pointed out, anyone running on ARM is likely to face big problems obtaining plugins etc.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!