Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a Bounce with Processing?
Just checking, can't find it and wondering while I'm here why there is a bounce without processing, what would we use that for?

Thx, Jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
"Bounce without processing" applies all the region edits (including fades, region gain, etc) on the editor. But doesn't apply any processing from the mixer strip.

We add the ".... without processing" just as a reminder that the processing won't be applied.

If you think about it, you'll see why some processing (like the channelstrip EQ) can't be trivially bounced to the same track, because if you bounce a region with the channelstrip EQ, it'll get double-applied on playback.

Similarly, if the sound uses a bus send to get some reverb, do you want that or not?

The only true solution to get "what you hear" is to bounce the sound to a new track (by selecting the master-bus input for the bounce track, and then rec-arming it, and play through the section you want to bounce). Then you leave that track un-processed, and you can bounce sub-mixes to it all the time. An even more advanced user could right-click on the bounced regions and un-select "Opaque", so regions can stack on top of each other on that track, and you'll still hear them no matter who's on top. That leaves you with tons of flexibility.

-Ben
(05-31-2019, 09:17 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: "Bounce without processing" applies all the region edits (including fades, region gain, etc) on the editor. But doesn't apply any processing from the mixer strip.

We add the ".... without processing" just as a reminder that the processing won't be applied.

If you think about it, you'll see why some processing (like the channelstrip EQ) can't be trivially bounced to the same track, because if you bounce a region with the channelstrip EQ, it'll get double-applied on playback.

Similarly, if the sound uses a bus send to get some reverb, do you want that or not?

The only true solution to get "what you hear" is to bounce the sound to a new track (by selecting the master-bus input for the bounce track, and then rec-arming it, and play through the section you want to bounce). Then you leave that track un-processed, and you can bounce sub-mixes to it all the time. An even more advanced user could right-click on the bounced regions and un-select "Opaque", so regions can stack on top of each other on that track, and you'll still hear them no matter who's on top. That leaves you with tons of flexibility.

-Ben

Thanks For the Quick reply Ben! Great Info I understand what the Bounce is and I can go from there on these suggestions for my processing, Appreciate your hard work, LOVING MB (-:

Jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM