Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plz help me w/SOLO & MUTE again
I am always running into issues with trying to solo and mute. It could definitely be user error so PLZ go slowly and tell me why I get such inconsistencies when trying to use them..

I have sent a PIC which is my new issue, I have SOLOED just the BASS but I hear all of the DRUMS...

THEN I have these green borders on the SOLO buttons of my drums but not ALL of the drum group (highlighted in RED & BLUE)

My SIP-PFL-AFL used to help me out a bit in these occasions but for the last two weeks or so they do not help SOLO or MUTE anything only the SIP..

Thak you, Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
(05-17-2019, 07:16 AM)owo Wrote: I am always running into issues with trying to solo and mute. It could definitely be user error so PLZ go slowly and tell me why I get such inconsistencies when trying to use them..

I have sent a PIC which is my new issue, I have SOLOED just the BASS but I hear all of the DRUMS...

THEN I have these green borders on the SOLO buttons of my drums but not ALL of the drum group (highlighted in RED & BLUE)

My SIP-PFL-AFL used to help me out a bit in these occasions but for the last two weeks or so they do not help SOLO or MUTE anything only the SIP..

Thak you, Jeff

Can be some in/out thing. Your bass group is not sent to the master and not sent to any mixbuses only to a reverb bus, so you may hear only the bass reverb .
There is drums track and a drums bus, The drums track is not sent anywhere so I cannot figure your routing aim.

the missing green frame can be a bug. I had once a session where the faders in a group moved independently and no one could tell or reproduce the issue.
So I concluded that my session (ardour file) went corrupt.
MB??? which version and which bit?
Which solo/mute options is set in the preferences?
Mine is as picture, never set any differently.
I would create a brand new try session with some groups and would see whether it can be reproduced to get closer to the mess

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(05-17-2019, 08:28 AM)Tassy Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:16 AM)owo Wrote: I am always running into issues with trying to solo and mute. It could definitely be user error so PLZ go slowly and tell me why I get such inconsistencies when trying to use them..

Thak you, Jeff

Can be some in/out thing. Your bass group is not sent to the master and not sent to any mixbuses only to a reverb bus, so you may hear only the bass reverb .
There is drums track and a drums bus, The drums track is not sent anywhere so I cannot figure your routing aim.

the missing green frame can be a bug. I had once a session where the faders in a group moved independently and no one could tell or reproduce the issue.
So I concluded that my session (ardour file) went corrupt.
MB??? which version and which bit?
Which solo/mute options is set in the preferences?
Mine is as picture, never set any differently.
I would create a brand new try session with some groups and would see whether it can be reproduced to get closer to the mess

Hi Tassy,
Thx for the settings menu, I had a couple of things turned around there!! So now back to DEFUALT.

I see my Bass had gotten unclicked from their MIXBUSS send (BASS) THANK YOU FOR THAT...when they are in groups if you hit one button without shift and do not notice they all go off... USER ERROR Undecided

The drums are all sent to MST and Kik & Sn were sent to MIXBUSS (drms)

But anyways after I posted this all of a sudden everything worked ok again..??
I am running MB 5.2 on 64bit....

So for now all is good, thx again for the default settings in MIXER...

BTW LOVE that song on your soundcloud with the girl singer...GREAT MIX and cool arraignment and production!! SmileSmile
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
Thanks for liking my mix. I love her performance, too. Great singer
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,