Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over Three Months...
Sheeze!!! I think it's been over three months since I've mixed or created anything and I feel this gigantic void. Plus I've been pretty quiet on the forums that I enjoy. No MixBus, no Studio One. I really must do something tonight. It's funny how therapeutic these activities can be and how they're really missed when absent. I shouldn't be surprised though. Many things I am interested in tend to run around each other in cycles. Now that I'm missing this, I hope to get back into it in a time efficient way. Any of you all experience that?

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(05-16-2019, 09:33 AM)doncolga Wrote: Sheeze!!! I think it's been over three months since I've mixed or created anything and I feel this gigantic void. Plus I've been pretty quiet on the forums that I enjoy. No MixBus, no Studio One. I really must do something tonight. It's funny how therapeutic these activities can be and how they're really missed when absent. I shouldn't be surprised though. Many things I am interested in tend to run around each other in cycles. Now that I'm missing this, I hope to get back into it in a time efficient way. Any of you all experience that?

Donny
I found it very harmful for me to take long breaks. Much valuable is forgotten. But without them is impossible.
It was the long breaks that taught me to save immediately all the finds.
MacOS 10.15.7, Mixbus32C, Mac Pro 5.1, MacBook Pro, UAD, Mackie Onyx
Metapop: https://metapop.com/v-s-g-music
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/v-s-g-music
I usually bounce back OK, but I'll probably take a close look at my most recent mixes. I think I may have done some updates on my templates. Also will have to reacquaint with some keyboard shortcuts, LOL!
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I've been without my main music computer for 10 days due to some repair and upgrades, and I am going through withdrawal. I never thought I would miss it this bad. I find myself reading manuals and watching 'how to' videos, things I wouldn't normally do a lot of during the time of day when I am usually recording - mixing - etc, but I guess that can be a good thing--SIGH-- I want my box back!!!
(05-17-2019, 10:47 AM)Milton Wrote: I've been without my main music computer for 10 days due to some repair and upgrades, and I am going through withdrawal. I never thought I would miss it this bad. I find myself reading manuals and watching 'how to' videos, things I wouldn't normally do a lot of during the time of day when I am usually recording - mixing - etc, but I guess that can be a good thing--SIGH-- I want my box back!!!

Well it will be a joyous reunion! Yeah I just want to sit down in front of my machine with some raw tracks, a cup of coffee, and nothing else that has to be done right then.
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(05-17-2019, 11:19 AM)doncolga Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 10:47 AM)Milton Wrote: I've been without my main music computer for 10 days due to some repair and upgrades, and I am going through withdrawal. I never thought I would miss it this bad. I find myself reading manuals and watching 'how to' videos, things I wouldn't normally do a lot of during the time of day when I am usually recording - mixing - etc, but I guess that can be a good thing--SIGH-- I want my box back!!!

Well it will be a joyous reunion! Yeah I just want to sit down in front of my machine with some raw tracks, a cup of coffee, and nothing else that has to be done right then.

AGREED!!