Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love editing in Mixbus!
I spent a little while today reducing a bunch of loud breaths in a vocal, and Mixbus made it so incredibly easy -- with the "smart" object tool enabled I could easily draw a range around each breath, audition by typing "a" to make sure I had captured what I wanted, adjust the range as needed, use the draw tool to quickly drag down the volume in the region, then move on to the next breath. A lot faster than using automation or splitting the region.

I also really love using the skimmer bar and enabling the mouse as the edit point -- it took a while to get used to it since I'm used to basing edits on the playhead in other DAWs, but the skimmer and mouse-based editing make everything faster and if I want to move the playhead to the mouse position I can simply type p and it's there.

I'm finding editing in Mixbus much more efficient and enjoyable than in any of the other DAWs I've used and really appreciate all the thought and improvements that went into it.
I couldn't agree more!
Wow, thanks for the nice comments!
A long time ago I worked in technical support for a year. It's interesting what effect it can have to hear and deal with customer problems 8 hours a day 5 days a week. So much so that when a customer comes forth saying how great the product is, the contrast it offers is staggering. For what turns out to be after all very reliable products. Smile
It certainly is nice to have some positive feedback and I'd like to add an extra one from myself. I don't do much editing as I mainly use Mixbus for mixing down recorded live shows, but the occasional glitch I've run into is generally a lack of understanding or failure to find the relevant section in the manual. PEBKAC in other words.
I often rave about MB to my friends and work acquaintances, even wearing a MB T-shirt at work to spark conversation. Smile
One could get the impression that Mixbus is a bit temperamental and unreliable from reading about people with issues on this forum, but I'm sure the thousands of people who are happily being productive with it are a silent majority.
Thanks again, Mixbus team!
(04-19-2019, 08:17 PM)sunrat Wrote: One could get the impression that Mixbus is a bit temperamental and unreliable from reading about people with issues on this forum, but I'm sure the thousands of people who are happily being productive with it are a silent majority.

It's basically the opposite of survivor bias -- most user forums for any software are mostly full of complaints, because satisfied customers have no motivation to go to a forum (unless they are so satisfied they want to say something about it). Check out any forum devoted to any software or operating system and you'll see the same thing.

It's funny, Ardour was my very first DAW, and then I moved on to Logic, Sonar, Reaper, and Fairlight (in Davinci Resolve) but eventually came back to Ardour and Mixbus because I do a lot of audio editing and it is so much more efficient in Mixbus than in anything else I've used. I do still use Reaper but since most of what I do is audio and my MIDI needs are very basic, I'm shifting most of my work to Mixbux.
(04-20-2019, 04:44 PM)bjohnh Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 08:17 PM)sunrat Wrote: One could get the impression that Mixbus is a bit temperamental and unreliable from reading about people with issues on this forum, but I'm sure the thousands of people who are happily being productive with it are a silent majority.

It's basically the opposite of survivor bias -- most user forums for any software are mostly full of complaints, because satisfied customers have no motivation to go to a forum (unless they are so satisfied they want to say something about it). Check out any forum devoted to any software or operating system and you'll see the same thing.

It's funny, Ardour was my very first DAW, and then I moved on to Logic, Sonar, Reaper, and Fairlight (in Davinci Resolve) but eventually came back to Ardour and Mixbus because I do a lot of audio editing and it is so much more efficient in Mixbus than in anything else I've used. I do still use Reaper but since most of what I do is audio and my MIDI needs are very basic, I'm shifting most of my work to Mixbux.

Hi
i had a lot of daws. My favorite are Mixbus 32C, protools and Samplitude pro. And for audio editing, Mixbus/32C and PT. SOne is nice too.
I agree totally! Audio editing in Mixbus* is reliable, fast and efficient.

When I see complaining about editing in Mixbus, I don't recognize the problem. Perhaps the complainers don't get how it works? Audio editing has been fantastic all these years as far as I concern.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox