Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mixbus doesnt find ava plugins (linux) - [Solved]
when scanning for plugins Mixbus32c does not find any of the ava plugins, although all my other vst s a re found. i double checked if the folders are listed and they are.. so i do not really understand... I m on Manjaro linux
it seems that the lsp plugins are also not found.. are there some special libraries for lxvst plugins that are needed sometimes? (as all the other lxvst plugins are found... )
Have you checked the permissions?

Execute
Code:
ls -l
in the plugins' folder. The permissions are displayed at the beginning of each line. Something like -rw-r--r-x
Are the permissions of the unfound plugins any different to the others?
Usually doing live sound …
(04-20-2019, 05:24 PM)loderunner Wrote: Have you checked the permissions?

Execute
Code:
ls -l
in the plugins' folder. The permissions are displayed at the beginning of each line. Something like -rw-r--r-x
Are the permissions of the unfound plugins any different to the others?

yes there is in deed a difference:

plugins that i got in my homefolder /VST

do have this

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4991912 20. Dez 2017 FC70.so

the ava plugins i find in lib/lxvst and lib64/lxvst have

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7753104 23. Apr 11:31 AVA-DS.so

these differences could be the cause? or just because others are in home folder and there fore have different permissions anyways? should i try change the permissions?

hmm i changed permissions to read/write etc but situation remains...

maybe i have a problem specifically with lxvst plugins? the overtones are working, u-he is working , but for example from lsp plugins it also just sees the lv2 and ladspa plugins, not the vst ones.
By default you can't load vst plug-ins on Linux. Are you using Carla or linvst with wine-rt?

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk
(04-23-2019, 06:10 AM)condecarlos Wrote: By default you can't load vst plug-ins on Linux. Are you using Carla or linvst with wine-rt?

I know, but Linux VST´s shoult work, right? Also I have airwindows VST for linux running and they work just fine..

I dont intent to use win vst s on my machine atm.

I installed the AVA plugins from the Harrison-AVA-linux-64bit.zip file, so I assume these are not win vsts..
You are right! Sorry for my confusion... I don't own AVA plugins and forgot that there are compiled vst for Linux... My suggestion would be clear VST cache an VST blacklist from the VST preferences window and then re-scan plugins... That worked for me once... If not, you can always communicate with Mixbus support... Good luck

Carlos

thanks for the idea!

I tried cleaning cache etc, but no luck. I m talking also to harrison service right now and also asked on the manjaro forum, lets see if something comes up...

(04-23-2019, 07:10 AM)condecarlos Wrote: You are right! Sorry for my confusion... I don't own AVA plugins and forgot that there are compiled vst for Linux... My suggestion would be clear VST cache an VST blacklist from the VST preferences window and then re-scan plugins... That worked for me once... If not, you can always communicate with Mixbus support... Good luck

Carlos

I got it finally!!

my system was missing this:

libcurl-gnutls.so.4 => not found

and i had to install libcurl from aur, flush the vst cache, rescan and it works!!
(04-23-2019, 02:52 PM)calimerox Wrote: I got it finally!!

my system was missing this:

libcurl-gnutls.so.4 => not found

and i had to install libcurl from aur, flush the vst cache, rescan and it works!!
Glad to read that! Good for you... And thanks for sharing the solution!