Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LV2 Plugins (LSP Plugin pack) --> How to install them?
Hi again,

short beginner question (i've read the manual / other posts but still get it not working...):

I want to install the LSP-Plugin Pack from here (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lsp-plu...ux-x86_64/).

First of all: WHich is the "best" Plugin format to use with Mixbus?

What i did: i downloaded the LV2 Pluings Package, created a new folder in my home directory, pasted the plugins into.
Then in Mixbus i did "Preferences --> Plugins --> can for new Plugins).

Restart Mixbus --> Select the Plugin (which is now listed) and insert it -->
Error Message (in Log Window) "[ERROR]: LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin http://lsp-plug.in/plugins/lv2/comp_delay_mono".

What did i do wrong?
Wrong Plugin Format? Wrong way to install it?
Please help ;-(
hi once you have downloaded the effects package lsp plug in the zip file extracted there are several folders vst, lv2, ldaspa, jack. Each of these folders must be put in a specific location. First you must use the terminal as root administrator. If you are using a distra based on ubuntu you need to give sudo -s insert password and pass as root user. Now you have to type in your file manager, in my case I use ubuntu studio use thunar and then I type thunar, if you use another manager you will type nautilus if you use gnome or other gesore depending on the enviroment you are using. Once you have typed the file manager you will open the same as administrator, at which point you have to go to the path usr / lib / lv2 and copy the folder you find in the package you downloaded, same procedure for the vst and ldspa folder.

Gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
After looking at the LSP plugins @ the KVR website I must say they look very interesting. I tried, in vain, many times to get them prepared from the tar.gz archive so they can be installed. I installed a program that can unzip those type archives, Express Zip, and low and behold, after the extraction process there were no files with the extension .lv2. All other plugins I downloaded were vst2 and vst3. They were zipped up and once I extracted them, the *64.dll and *.vst3 files were there. Just had to drag them to the proper folder and ALAZAZAM mixbus 32c found them after running the scan, THEY WERE THERE! Don't understand why this guy chose to make it so hard.  I'm not a moron. I can build computers from scratch. I was an army radio and multichannel commo repairman. I was also a industrial electrician/machinery repair technician. The man who invented these plugins I'm sure is genius, but gets a zero out of ten for ease of use...
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
@Joe K you realise LSP means Linux Studio Plugins? Are you trying to install them on Windows?
I don't think Windows supports LV2 plugins. And they don't have .lv2 extension, they have .so extension and usually an accompanying .ttl file.

In Linux you can copy thecontents of /usr directory from the extracted .tar.gz  to the system's /usr/ where they should end up in /usr/lib/lv2/lsp-plugins.lv2/ and 4 files in /usr/lib/
Alternatively, you can even just copy the lsp-plugins.lv2 directory to a directory ~/.lv2 in your user home. There is an installation section in the included README.md file .

You're right, they are good plugins, and I use them a lot in Linux. But I think the developer is just starting to work on porting them to Windows.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Thank you. You gave me some good ideas. Mixbus 32c comes packaged with some lv2 plugins so it must be possible. I didn't know the plugin files were *.so and the data files were *.ttl. I saw them when I extracted the tar.gz archive. Thanks once again!!
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
(09-08-2023, 10:32 AM)Joe K Wrote: Thank you. You gave me some good ideas. Mixbus 32c comes packaged with some lv2 plugins so it must be possible. I didn't know the plugin files were *.so and the data files were *.ttl. I saw them when I extracted the tar.gz archive. Thanks once again!!

In this case, the plugins must be explicitly compiled from the source code to binaries for the Windows platform. Mixbus32C for macOS or Linux can't run in Windows, it's the same with the plugins.

The same goes the other way around: -You can't run VSTs made for Windows on macOS or Linux. Well, you can, but then you need a compatibility layer between the plugin and the operating system and things start to be complicated.

However: In addition to the LV2 plugins bundled with Mixbus and Mixbus32C, high-quality plugins for Windows do exist, like the ones you find here: https://x42-plugins.com/x42/
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Linux studio plugins are the bomb..

You just need to run Mixbus on linux (grab yourself a copy of AVLinux or Ubuntustudio and install it on a spare partition.

The devs are very cool...Seeing a lack of serious plugins for their own music projects available as FOSS plugins they decided to create their own.. Some seriously clever engineering here -- These are great clean plugins. I just wish more people would produce linux native ones- but as you can see below I've got plenty of windows versions running very happily on this system.

There are times when I use the LSP limiter in preference to Fabfilter PR L2 or NFA
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com