Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bounce with click
Hello. Today i had to send a guide track to another musician, for him to record over it. He asked me if I could include the metronome (click).
It makes total sense for him to request so, but...in al lhonesty, i never thought about it...and now I wonder...How can i do it?
If I do a bounce with the click on, the click is not part of the final track, since the metronome (as far as I understand) goes to the monitoring section, no the master bus.
Any ideas?
Cheers
(02-13-2019, 06:03 PM)bernardo jimenez Wrote: Hello. Today i had to send a guide track to another musician, for him to record over it. He asked me if I could include the metronome (click).
It makes total sense for him to request so, but...in al lhonesty, i never thought about it...and now I wonder...How can i do it?
If I do a bounce with the click on, the click is not part of the final track, since the metronome (as far as I understand) goes to the monitoring section, no the master bus.
Any ideas?
Cheers

Mute everything but the metronome, then route the signal feeding your monitor hardware to a hardware input and record that input. (Make sure Mixbus isn't handling the record monitoring.) Kind of "Rube Goldberg" but it might work.

I've never used the metronome, so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
Here it is: https://youtu.be/kK4SU6jYW2Q
Yes, he mentions this specifically in the video.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(02-13-2019, 08:06 PM)doncolga Wrote: Here it is: https://youtu.be/kK4SU6jYW2Q
Yes, he mentions this specifically in the video.

Yep, all you need to do is route the click into any audio track and record it along with the playback of the actual track. You can then export them separately or mixed.
If you need it only mixed on export you can use a utility- or mix- bus.

MMM
Thanks to everyone for your help. Love the mixbus community.