Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important technic but pain in MB5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC3y15cKi2Y

Does it work in Mac or Linux as it should?
Sure not in Win
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I haven't watched the video before now because I was trying other Linux distros. The first demonstration you make with the older version is really must more convenient. I cannot imagine how the new approach would be termed as more efficient. It's likely a 'surprise' by-product of an additional feature.
Thanks Jonetsu you like the more convenient vesrsion.
I put it on another thread as well for those on other platforms and there Ben already answered that it might be updated for the more practicalSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
In Preferences -> Editor, there is the option "After splitting selected regions, select" which might solve the first part of your problem.
Usually doing live sound …
(01-28-2019, 10:55 AM)loderunner Wrote: In Preferences -> Editor, there is the option "After splitting selected regions, select" which might solve the first part of your problem.

I had not seen this before. That’s super useful.

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Thanks, but all the three options there solve nothing. They may do something for splitting, but the problem is when SEPARATING, not splitting.
Ah, you're right. I looked it up: Split is an Edit Point Function, Separate is a Range Editing Function.
But wouldn't it solve your problem if you had this option for separate, too?
Usually doing live sound …
(01-28-2019, 02:20 PM)loderunner Wrote: Ah, you're right. I looked it up: Split is an Edit Point Function, Separate is a Range Editing Function.
But wouldn't it solve your problem if you had this option for separate, too?

unfortunately not. The persistent mask over the split range is the problem but seems to be fixed soon.