Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolidate Regions
Hi, I'm having some trouble navigating the Edit window. After separating a range to nudge it into place, where do I find the command to rejoin (consolidate) all the regions? Not finding it in the manual.
The consolidate was great in MB2. the track header menu contained consolidate. There was no need to select regions it was done from the start to the end of the session.
It was changed for selecting right clicking finding the consolidate item .This is pain, should be a part of the header menu.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(12-12-2018, 02:52 AM)Tassy Wrote: The consolidate was great in MB2. the track header menu contained consolidate. There was no need to select regions it was done from the start to the end of the session.
It was changed for selecting right clicking finding the consolidate item .This is pain, should be a part of the header menu.

How do we consolidate edited regions? I was working in the mixer section and had the editor window open on my second screen and somehow 3 regions were erased...The EDITOR region was on lock...anyway to prevent that from happening? I lost my Acoustic several times and didn't know why...lol
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
Set to "lock" to avoid moving regions by accident - select all the regions you want to consolidate by mouse - right click on the selected area and in the menu coming up towards the the bottom of the list you find "consolidate range" and you are done.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(03-11-2019, 01:55 PM)Tassy Wrote: Set to "lock" to avoid moving regions by accident - select all the regions you want to consolidate by mouse - right click on the selected area and in the menu coming up towards the the bottom of the list you find "consolidate range" and you are done.

Thx Tassy,

Oh I see I have to SELECT a range for the CONSOLIDATE menu comes up....

BUT I have the menu reading LOCK and it does keep the regions from moving but for whatever reason everytime I come back to the editor screen I have DELETED something....Is there a LOCK that will keep user error at bay?? (-;
Maybe you have some shortcut that is different what you want and it deletes something.
window/ keybindings (or some name with the same meaning, I am not in my studio now) should be chacked, or set it to default and then change what you want to customize.
(03-12-2019, 12:54 AM)Tassy Wrote: Maybe you have some shortcut that is different what you want and it deletes something.
set it to default and then change what you want to customize.

Good Idea, Thx again Tassy!

Jeff