Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastering Advanced
Hi guys!
I think it would be useful to have a pro Mastering options once project is finished and needs to finalised like a DDP option

What do you think about that?
We already have enough options we do not use. Let Harrison concentrate on removing the old bugs first.
I am just practical as always. No hard feeleingsSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
DDP might be a plus.
Fixing bugs too of course!
another vote for DDP... i'm running into more and more manufacturing houses which only want online submission of masters in DDP format.

fortunately, i have command-line tools in linux to do the conversion, but it would be nice to eliminate that extra step in my process!
I use specific software to make DDP files (HOFA-DDP)
(03-19-2019, 11:04 AM)plutek Wrote: Fortunately, i have command-line tools in linux to do the conversion, but it would be nice to eliminate that extra step in my process!

Since you already use a command line conversion tool in Linux you can do this in one step now. Just use the "Run command after export" field in the export dialog. See attached picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(03-19-2019, 11:04 AM)plutek Wrote: Since you already use a command line conversion tool in Linux you can do this in one step now. Just use the "Run command after export" field in the export dialog. See attached picture.

right! thanks for the reminder of that! Blush
Lightbulb 
Another vote for DDP. I produce in another DAW, but I'd like to put albums together and master the album in Mixbus, then be able to export the DDP as well.
The export options for stems etc and everything else is already quite good, but DDP would complete those set of deliverables (for me at least!)
(11-25-2018, 06:38 AM)Bygat Wrote: Hi guys!
I think it would be useful to have a pro Mastering options once project is finished and needs to finalised like a DDP option

+1
Cool
(11-25-2018, 06:38 AM)Bygat Wrote: Hi guys!

I think it's a usable and good idea - or perhaps use the DDP Mastering Tools in the export function if they're found in the path.  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox