Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tricks Mixing with 32C
I have never writen here anything, but now I think to share this trick of mine:
Not mixing advice like putting reverb after dalay not before, but about usage, some keybindig, right clicking trick you have found practical and things like that.

32C knobs are harder to see mainly in smaller monitors. It is natural. I have 32", thogh, if someone does not have eyes like an eagle, as me, I changed my workflow to this one:
- Nowadays I mix first only by using the console options to get the fine balanced eqed mix and for that I do not need to see the place for plugins. So I adjust the appearance to maximim 140% and see bigger EQ knobsSmile
Then when this phase of the mix it is done and plugs are needed I set it back to 100 or 120% as good for me regularly. Just some seconds clicking and I enyoy the console feel, then placing the plugs.

If you have any practical tricks, use this thread, and it is not for discussing whether it is good or not but if it seems to use for anyone it's an advantege .
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I'm hoping they're working on a zoom feature for parts of the interface, which would be great. There is a link here somewhere for some mock ups.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
No need to see EQ digits, I use my ears. You'd be surprised at how much ear wax is piled up on the mouse. Big Grin
I do not need digits, I want to find the knobs by the mouse easier, that's all.
I did not know that it is a new 32C trick to use earsSmile
Thanks for the tip...
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(11-06-2018, 01:49 AM)Tassy Wrote: I do not need digits, I want to find the knobs by the mouse easier, that's all.
I did not know that it is a new 32C trick to use earsSmile
Thanks for the tip...

Yes, same here. Larger for ease of access, more so than seeing numbers. Plus, it would look cooler. And, as my eyes are working harder, I appreciate large things on the interface more than before. Like the Omnichannel and Abbey Road Mastering plugins from Waves. But instead of clicking something else, I'd like the option of a shortcut key to magnify the EQ module of one or selected tracks at a time. Studio One does a good job with this for plugin window management. Makes for fewer mouse movements and clicking.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Here on a circa 2005 1920x1600 Viewsonic VP211b the 32C EQ knobs are easy to spot, click upon and adjust. And just about 14 tracks can be shown in the mixer view with the mixbusses and VCA hidden. So it's all right. This is why I thought the problem was with seeing the digits and not the knobs themselves. I gather that on modern high resolution monitors those are getting very small, but at the same time you should be able to see entire 35+ tracks projects in the same view without having to scroll.

Of course, the surreal joke was about using the ears to move the mouse (presence of ears wax on said mouse), hence 'using the ears to mix'.
I totally agree that the EQ knobs need to be bigger (at least while an adjustment is made). Maybe clicking on the EQ section of that channel can invoke a larger window (like we get for plugins) and we can simply X out of it when finished.
ASUS GL552VW || Win10 || i7 quadcore 2.6 GHz || 16GB RAM || Sound Devices USBPre 2 || Mixbus 32c 6.1
on max 140% mixer view it looks like that and I like it for the first section of my mixinng workflow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Put a nice sounding EQ on the two bus (master) and put like 4-5db of 2khz into it before you start.