Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Buffered I / O
Hello friends. Another question: When creating a new session in the settings window there is a button Use Buffered I / O. For what purpose is this feature? Thank you in advance.
I think somewhere it was written but not sure: it is recommended for outboard audio ASIO interface that has its own buffer settings in their own "device controll panel". I have UR22, but practicaly no advantage I have found. Increased DSP, that is not a benefit. I do not use it.
Better ask the Harrison support by mail what they think it is advisable for?
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks for the advice Tassy. I'll try to contact support.
(11-05-2018, 06:17 AM)Yuriy Fedorov Wrote: Hello friends. Another question: When creating a new session in the settings window there is a button Use Buffered I / O. For what purpose is this feature? Thank you in advance.

More info here:

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...age-2.html

second post on this page.
Thank Black Jacque Shellac . Now I understand this feature.
Mixbus support:

Hi there,

Some interfaces require a different 'callback' when it receives audio.

Unbuffered, Mixbus delivers the payload of audio data without regard to if it makes it or not to your card, or if your card is ready.

Buffered means that we ask the card, 'are you ready?' and then we deliver the payload.

It's a small but important difference.

If your card runs fine without it, I would not keep it engaged as it only causes more latency!
"buffered on" works best for me, since i still use my old outdated emu 1820 and 1820M soundcards
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
This button seems to be necessary for: old Emu PCI cards, old Lexicon USB boxes, new Tascam 16x08 USB devices, and new Roland OctaCapture devices. ( on Windows only )

There might be others that benefit as well, but I'm sure about those. The Tascam and Roland devices are still actively supported, so their behaviour could change without notice. You should try both ways ( with and without the switch enabled )

-Ben
Is there any way to access this on a project that is already open? My Motu 16 only goes up to 1024 in the current project.
Hi Ben, I have a Tascam 16×8, the black one, from 6 or 7 years ago aI think.
I dont have the i/o button active when I run Mixbus.
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!