Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase Correlation
Hi everybody,

I've got a mix I did in both Studio One and MixBus. I've not compared them track per track, but I've done largely the same moves on each mix. I'm finding the MixBus mix has considerably greater phase correlation on the phase meter than my mix in Studio One. It looks a lot more like a commercial mix when I do comparisons in Adobe Audition. I'm attributing this to the Polarity Optimization in Mixbus, as I'm not sure I did the same polarity moves in S1 as MixBus did. I'd like to know any thoughts you all may have on that.

Thanks,

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Hi,

I love the polarity optimisation feature, but I've really got nothing to compare it to.
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
Here lately I've done several mixes on both platforms. Honestly, sometimes they're really close, and sometimes things stick out to me in each one. But yeah...the polarity optimization is one of the "killer app" features of Mixbus, both in terms of getting polarities correct and massive time saver, and especially with lots of mics. On this current mix, MixBus mixes sound more pointed and "there" in a good way.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I'm using 32C-8 and not seeing this feature when I right-click. what am I doing wrong?
@Bobbyk573  Welcome to the Mixbus forum.... make sure you are selecting within a range
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-maximizer
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5