Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32 C mixer view plugins
Hi Guys
The "cables" connecting the plugins in chain in the mixer strips take up a lot space. I think it has no importance to be present.
If not there in the overall mixer view, more plugs could be placed there and the mixer view could be adjusted bigger, more pleasant and practical for the eyes.

Putting in another way: less room for the same number of plugins could be set in the preferences, resulting in bigger view of the channel strips elemetns.
If anyone interested how some are connected can check it in the pin connectors.

After all only the presence (on/off) of a plugin is needed to show there.
I suggest to get rid of it in next releases.
see picture
Thanks
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Absolutely. I already mentioned that when addressing the topic of having more space for plugins. They're a very strange concept. IN 32C it's having a visual compression going on that compresses against the EQ wall ... until a scroll bar appears to scroll the plugins which is a bit awkward.

More space for plugins could also mean not showing unused mixbuss assignements (still 32C) or something like that. Only show 4 at a time maybe. This, with getting rid of the wires, would add space. Not often is that space filled with plugins but from time to time it does happen that the space is exceeded.

Especially if a future expansion starts to show more graphical stuff in that space, like some 'native' plugins are already doing.
These "wires" show up only when the number of inputs/outputs of a plugin doesn't match the number of channels in the track. So they signalise "watch out - there are internal wirings which you should look up if anything is not functioning as expected".
Maybe they could be switched on/off together with the I/O pop-down on the top... probably many people will hate this as well, not an easy job for GUI designers...

I certainly want all Mixbus sends present, just with proper uni-colour LEDs, colours not following the Mixbus colours, but this I mentioned a dozen times now...

MMM
(09-23-2018, 07:48 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I certainly want all Mixbus sends present, just with proper uni-colour LEDs, colours not following the Mixbus colours, but this I mentioned a dozen times now...

Yeah, some warm glowing colour would be cool instead of confetti, like one on the pic.

32C mixbus sends section definitely needs to show mixbusses names instead of numbers too.

Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
"I certainly want all Mixbus sends present, just with proper uni-colour LEDs, colours not following the Mixbus colours, but this I mentioned a dozen times now...
MMM"

Agree,
I worked out a template showing all silver/white leds I can easily see if on.
Also this "faders follow track color" option was invented by some game player child for fancy.
We are lucky it is an option not defaultSmile

Instead of working hard to build such useless things in the software the hard work should be focused on, quoting what a great friend here told me: "not inventing new bugs but fixing the old ones first"!
I must admit, I quite like the connection lines... they can be quite useful for identifying when some plugins are mono and others are stereo. Maybe there could be an option to turn them on or off?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(09-24-2018, 04:29 AM)johne53 Wrote: I must admit, I quite like the connection lines... they can be quite useful for identifying when some plugins are mono and others are stereo. Maybe there could be an option to turn them on or off?

Option is also OK, but I know whether I put on a mono or stereo plugin, do not need to see the "ant legs" for thatSmile
in the plugin bar also appears "2x..." , "4x1"'... if a mono was inserted in stereo strip or the plugin has more instances like this in picture or more inputs it chooses for the current outputs it automatically gets. Just loads the task of video card, cpu, maybe dsp. Takes up useful space. A lot little may grow a lotSmile

Guys have got lot Grammies with protools and other daws without seeing it.
(Just to reassure DingoSmile sorry, I know and proud of MB being a console, not just a daw, really)

(09-24-2018, 05:22 AM)Tassy Wrote: I know whether I put on a mono or stereo plugin, do not need to see the "ant legs" for thatSmile

Haha, memory's a funny thing tho' - wait till you get a bit older ! Wink
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(09-24-2018, 05:32 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 05:22 AM)Tassy Wrote: I know whether I put on a mono or stereo plugin, do not need to see the "ant legs" for thatSmile

Haha, memory's a funny thing tho' - wait till you get a bit older ! Wink

Thanks you consider me still young with my 72 springs I have seenSmile
I feel really 20 generally, but when I find bugs I feel 300 or older than Yoda
Hi :o)

Is there still no "don't show pin connector" view option in V7 ?

I came to this forum to find out how turn off this pin connector view in the mixer as it eats up too much precious screen space as you mentioned too...
I'm on Mixbus 6 and I'm checking the V7 demo: nothing seems to have changed I fear... or?

Thanks and regards