Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio processing for headphone monitoring ?
I am currently trying out Voxengo's PHA-979 which headphone monitoring preset is simulating speaker placement. It is actually one of the main PHA-979 purpose.

It does make the mix sound more open in a way.

Are you using any audio processing for headphone monitoring ?

I have a good friend who was using the SonarWorks stuff but I don’t think he was totally happy with it. I’ve not tried anything like that myself. Right now I spend a high percentage of time on a single Mix Cube in mono, some HD600s, and a little Bluetooth speaker.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I have used sonarworks for a while now. I want to get a set of custom mapped headphones from them. Just haven’t yet. But the stock corrections for my sennheiser hd280’s and krk kns8400 seem to work quite well.

Then I just found goodhertz canopener plug-in. I put that after sonarworks and am very pleased with the results. It still takes more work patience/listening than proper monitors imo, but it is much better than the headphones by themselves.
I've downloaded the demo for the goodhertz canopener. Unfortunately their UI does not show in Linux. The plugin window screen is simply gray. I'll stick with Voxengo's PHA-979 for now. It's certainly not as fancy, but it does open the sound. And Voxengo is quite good at EQs (SPAN) and meters and all that, so there might be a bit more behind this simple interface.

Cheers.