Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping location markers with hotkeys??? (SOLVED)
Question 
This is a very essential function... IN THE EDITOR WINDOW, at least

I went into keyboard shortcuts, and the one called "Marker" I assigned to M.

But it doesn't do anything!

I need to be able to drop markers with a keystroke, as I audition playback. Position doesnt have to be super accurate, I will go back and tweak/name them later...

What am I missing here?

MB 4.3.19 64bit on latest CrackOS 10.13.6 (despise apple but forced to use it here) Smile

---

hmm. I went back and saw that there was an 'M' shortcut registered in the Mixer window. Changed my edit window Marker shortcut to ^M instead, but still doesnt work.

ON the subject of location markers, it sure is annoying that you cannot MANUALLY drop one ON THE transport line. Usually I stop it right where I want the Marker to go, but it wont let me put one there until I click way to the left or right of the red line...
The tab key is the default to drop markers. Nice big button. Did you try that one? Q for previous marker and w for next marker. Check preferences to set the option to name tabs when created. It's lighting fast to move through a project.
I've found most of the default shortcuts to be fine as they are.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Another insanely useful shortcut is simply the P key. Point your mouse where you want the playhead and press P.
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(08-29-2018, 03:00 PM)doncolga Wrote: The tab key is the default to drop markers. Nice big button. Did you try that one? Q for previous marker and w for next marker. Check preferences to set the option to name tabs when created. It's lighting fast to move through a project.
I've found most of the default shortcuts to be fine as they are.

Hi doncolga,

Is there a shortcut for GRAB mode? I'm not able to find it any where...I found the smart tool is 3

Thx, Jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
Hi Jeff, from the manual...

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-shortcuts

Use Window / Keyboard Shortcuts or Control+K to view the list of short cuts.

Editor / Mouse Mode / Object Tool (GRAB) shortcut is G

(08-29-2018, 02:24 PM)mikrotek Wrote: I need to be able to drop markers with a keystroke, as I audition playback. Position doesnt have to be super accurate, I will go back and tweak/name them later...

As Doncolga says, you can use the tab key, or if you have an extended keyboard you can use the numpad Enter key.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Yep, E for Edit, G for Grab, R for Range I believe. Tab to drop markers and Q and W to move around them. Lots of useful stuff you can do in that little space on the keyboard.

Donny
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(03-15-2019, 05:10 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi Jeff, from the manual...

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-shortcuts

Use Window / Keyboard Shortcuts or Control+K to view the list of short cuts.

Editor / Mouse Mode / Object Tool (GRAB) shortcut is G

(08-29-2018, 02:24 PM)mikrotek Wrote: I need to be able to drop markers with a keystroke, as I audition playback. Position doesnt have to be super accurate, I will go back and tweak/name them later...

As Doncolga says, you can use the tab key, or if you have an extended keyboard you can use the numpad Enter key.

Thank you guys great tips!
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
What I'd love to see (couldn't find in the keyboard shortcuts list) is an option to create a marker and open it for renaming, all with one keystroke. I name all my markers and in most DAWs there's a key command that allows you to drop a marker and open a dialog box so you can rename it, instead of using a key command to drop the marker but then having to double-click the marker name to rename it. Not a biggie, but it would save some time...I use that feature in Reaper and in DaVinci Resolve's Fairlight DAW.
Preferences -> Editor -> General -> Prompt for New Marker Names

If you enable that preference, you'll always be asked for the name of a new marker after you create it.

-Ben
(04-05-2019, 10:34 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Preferences -> Editor -> General -> Prompt for New Marker Names

If you enable that preference, you'll always be asked for the name of a new marker after you create it.

Thanks, Ben! Doing it now...I somehow missed that in the preferences.