Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SOLVED] 5.0.182: Faderport User assign does not work and is not saved
UPDATE: Fixed in 32C 5.1

This used to work nicely and was extremely useful. I save countless times per minute. Any moment there's a dead space where no action is being done I press the User key to save.

Pressing the User key on the Faderport is much more practical than Ctrl-S at that rate.

Now it does not work anymore.

EDIT: That option, User -> Save is also NOT saved. Faderport support is on the thin side of things(1), so please try to put back this functionality in an upcoming update.

(1) What I mean by that is that the footswitch and other Faderport keys have only 5 configuration options instead of having them all. Also, the fader does not work as per the screen fader when recording automation as it only works for volume and nothing else. A pity to have such a nice fader and having to use the mouse with a GUI widget fader instead for recording various automation.
(08-17-2018, 06:07 PM)jonetsu Wrote: This used to work nicely and was extremely useful. I save countless times per minute.
Any moment there's a dead space where no action is being done I press the User key to save.

Just to see how it works in Mixbus, I re-assigned "Save" to the backslash key \, instead of "control S".
Just one key on the end, not hard to find or remember.

However, I DO feel your frustration about the Faderport. Personally, I want my equipment to do what I tell it to.

I recently upgraded from a Faderport 1 to an X-Touch. IMHO, it works great in Mixbus.
But Ben did say that Faderport 8 implementation is or has been greatly improved as well.
Hopefully, some of that improvement will be passed on to the Faderport 1.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

(08-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Boydbob Wrote: Just to see how it works in Mixbus, I re-assigned "Save" to the backslash key \, instead of "control S". Just one key on the end, not hard to find or remember. However, I DO feel your frustration about the Faderport. Personally, I want my equipment to do what I tell it to.

As you said, the thing is, is that it USED to work LAST WEEK and now it does not work anymore. And I like to have the Faderport User for doing saves because I do not need at all to look. When I mix the left hand is often on the Faderport. And I do not need to look for any other Faderport operations like Shift-Proj, Shift-Mix, stop, loop, roll, the fader itself and the pan knob.

With a keyboard key I would have to look. Not much you might say, but combined to the fact that it used to work and to the fact that the Faderport integration is already limited, it becomes not nice at all.

(08-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Boydbob Wrote: I recently upgraded from a Faderport 1 to an X-Touch. IMHO, it works great in Mixbus. But Ben did say that Faderport 8 implementation is or has been greatly improved as well. Hopefully, some of that improvement will be passed on to the Faderport 1.

I will spend the money to get a larger surface such as the X-Touch that can be expanded the day a small surface such as the Faderport will be totally exploited to its maximum of user capabilities.

That the fader cannot be used for any kind of automation is really not nice. It is as if the hardware fader has to know about all parameters it has to deal with whereas the GUI fader is simply a GUI fader that can control anything. Why isn't the hardware fader behaving like a GUI fader, simply like a hardware widget ?

And then the footswitches and other buttons combinations that were given all the exact same choice of 5 operations.

Now with the new Faderport available, I doubt even more that the original Faderport will be updated.

All software/hardware components are in place. There's no research to be done. All that's needed is to expand the current implementation.