Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Midi Regions
Hello . It´s the first time, after all these years working on Mixbus, that i have to export a midi region in order to use it in a different DAW. I thought it was going very easy to figure out how to do it, but I´m afraid I haven´t been able to. I´d like to consolidate all midi regions within the same track and export it.

As a side note, i can only monitor midi when either Record and Monitor Input are not selected. Is that the way it´s supposed to be? Always wonder why when enabling Monitor Input i can´t hear my midi instruments.

May any of you give me a hand with this?

Cheers
(07-09-2018, 09:24 AM)bernardo jimenez Wrote: Hello . It´s the first time, after all these years working on Mixbus, that i have to export a midi region in order to use it in a different DAW. I thought it was going very easy to figure out how to do it, but I´m afraid I haven´t been able to. I´d like to consolidate all midi regions within the same track and export it.

As a side note, i can only monitor midi when either Record and Monitor Input are not selected. Is that the way it´s supposed to be? Always wonder why when enabling Monitor Input i can´t hear my midi instruments.

May any of you give me a hand with this?

Cheers

Every MIDI regions have their own MIDI file and you can find them inside your project folder by heading to interchange/"Your Project Name"/midifiles/ .

You can consolidate by marking the range you want in "Range Mode", then right-click and choose "Consolidate Range". Now, you will find a new MIDI file as described above.

If I understand it right, the MIDI monitoring issues will be fixed in an upcoming Mixbus* release. In the meantime, here's the workaround I use, I use two MIDI tracks, one for monitoring and one for recording:

1. Make a MIDI track the usual way, but do not connect a MIDI keyboard/controller to it.
  2. Right click on your new MIDI track and duplicate it. Now, you connect your MIDI controller to the duplicated track.
  3. I recommend you to name the new track with the same name as the original and append the word "Rec" to it.
  4. Now, record, draw and edit in the duplicated track and drag the region (or move the new notes) to the original MIDI track and repeat as many times you want to. If you have several layers of regions in the original track, then just consolidate that part.

This workaround works surprisingly easy and well for me, Good luck!
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Hi,
I tried to consolidate different MIDI regions for export but it's impossible to do it. Please, can you explain me how can I do?
I select 2 regions with range mode, right-click en the select part and consolidate range and nothing at all I have always 2 differents regions.

If I do the same thing with an audio region I don't have any problem but with MIDI?????

Thanks a lot...
(06-29-2020, 10:41 PM)CarlesGR Wrote: Hi,
I tried to consolidate different MIDI regions for export but it's impossible to do it. Please, can you explain me how can I do?
I select 2 regions with range mode, right-click en the select part and consolidate range and nothing at all I have always 2 differents regions.

It doesn't work in version 6, you must use Mixbus 5 or Ardour 6 if possible. let's hope it will be fixed in 6.1. It's hope because Ardour 6 has it. This is the single most important MIDI issue Mixbus 6 has IMO and it has been reported on the forum several times since V6 came out and I also filed a bug report on it nearly at once when v. 6.0 came out. I'm checking for an 6.1 update every day now in the hope that it will be fixed.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(06-30-2020, 12:28 AM)Jostein Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 10:41 PM)CarlesGR Wrote: Hi,

It doesn't work in version 6, you must use Mixbus 5 or Ardour 6 if possible. let's hope it will be fixed in 6.1. It's hope because Ardour 6 has it. This is the single most important MIDI issue Mixbus 6 has IMO and it has been reported on the forum several times since V6 came out and I also filed a bug report on it nearly at once when v. 6.0 came out. I'm checking for an 6.1 update every day now in the hope that it will be fixed.

Hi Jostein,
Thanks for your fast answer. Yesterday I tried a lot things for send my MIDI session to my friend and it was impossible, now I understand that is a version problem.
Thanks a lot... and I wait for version 6.1!
Bye