Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with splitting
Okay so I'm having a problem that's not really a big deal but whenever I tell mixbus to split a waveform it's not splitting at the exact place I have the playback head. It looks like it's going a mesure back. How do I fix this?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(06-24-2018, 08:54 AM)rdesanti Wrote: Okay so I'm having a problem that's not really a big deal but whenever I tell mixbus to split a waveform it's not splitting at the exact place I have the playback head. It looks like it's going a mesure back. How do I fix this?

Do you have "Playhead" as edit point? Snap to grid off?
MMM
(06-25-2018, 12:21 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 08:54 AM)rdesanti Wrote: Okay so I'm having a problem that's not really a big deal but whenever I tell mixbus to split a waveform it's not splitting at the exact place I have the playback head. It looks like it's going a mesure back. How do I fix this?

MMM
I usually have the grid off. Why?

Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(06-25-2018, 12:53 AM)rdesanti Wrote:

MMM

Old post not much reaction. Is this just a me problem? All I'm saying is when I hit split the split happens before my cursor is at. Is there some kind of preset I need to use in preferences?

(07-08-2018, 09:42 AM)rdesanti Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 12:53 AM)rdesanti Wrote:

MMM

Old post not much reaction. Is this just a me problem? All I'm saying is when I hit split the split happens before my cursor is at. Is there some kind of preset I need to use in preferences?

Grid OFF or Magnetic cases:
Split in Mixbus splits where the playhead or mouse is, as MMM said, whichever you set, you can check it when zoomed in and split
Split also makes a fade out fade in to eliminate clicks as picture
But if the split is not at zero point of the wave line it may cause clicks some times (if you use clip-gain, boosting or cutting ranges) depending on the material I met this click on some vocal splits

If grid ON you cannot place the playhead where you want but where the grid wants toSmile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)