Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new ava desser plugin
anyone here got the new AVA desser plugin working on Linux? I have MB32C. The plugin, It's blacklisted. Cleared cache and still blacklisted.
Hmm. 32bit / 64bit mixup?
(06-18-2018, 05:18 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hmm. 32bit / 64bit mixup?

Hey Ben, no mix up, it's the AVA 64bit on my 64 bit I won from Lij and you helped me with a while back.
I thought I may of grabbed the 32 bit but checked the tarball and it's 64bit
(06-18-2018, 03:43 PM)funkmuscle Wrote: anyone here got the new AVA desser plugin working on Linux? I have MB32C. The plugin, It's blacklisted. Cleared cache and still blacklisted.

Just downloaded the demo. It runs on the kids' laptop on Debian Linux 9.3 64bit and Mixbus 4.3.19. I assume it wouldn't be different with 32C but can check on my studio machine later this week.
Are you really sure you have 64bit Linux and 64bit Mixbus and 64bit AVA?

Thanks for having me checking it, won't buy it at this stage as I saw it doesn't add any functionality the original XT-DS doesn't have and I don't use other DAWs for mixes Smile

MMM
(06-18-2018, 03:43 PM)funkmuscle Wrote: anyone here got the new AVA desser plugin working on Linux? I have MB32C. The plugin, It's blacklisted. Cleared cache and still blacklisted.

Let me add a silly question : you state you cleared the cache: but did you clear the blacklist ?

regards

Frank

(06-20-2018, 09:26 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Thanks for having me checking it, won't buy it at this stage as I saw it doesn't add any functionality the original XT-DS doesn't have and I don't use other DAWs for mixes Smile

MMM

You forgot the full screen mode !!
Just Imagine XT-DS in full screen on a 50 inch 4K Unit !!

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(06-20-2018, 09:48 AM)Frank Wrote:

Let me add a silly question : you state you cleared the cache: but did you clear the blacklist ?

regards

Frank

(06-20-2018, 09:26 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Thanks for having me checking it, won't buy it at this stage as I saw it doesn't add any functionality the original XT-DS doesn't have and I don't use other DAWs for mixes Smile

MMM

You forgot the full screen mode !!
Just Imagine XT-DS in full screen on a 50 inch 4K Unit !!

regards

Frank

Yes Frank I've cleared both cache and blacklist. Even reinstalled Archlinux and tripled checked that it's 64bit and still it's blacklisted
I just got the latest update to the plugin and still blacklist. Yes, I now have like 4 versions of the 64bit downloaded so it's not a 32/64 bit mismatch.
Just cleared all caches and still blacklisted
(06-25-2018, 08:40 AM)funkmuscle Wrote: I just got the latest update to the plugin and still blacklist. Yes, I now have like 4 versions of the 64bit downloaded so it's not a 32/64 bit mismatch.
Just cleared all caches and still blacklisted

Strange. So your system is 64bit, Mixbus is 64bit and the plugin is 64bit, right? On a fresh Archlinux? With a fresh user home (nothing copied over from the former installation)? Did you use the current Mixbus version 4.3.19 with the right gcc version? Have you tried Ardour on the same system? Have you tried Carla (need to rescan with Carla)? Did they miss it, too?
If all answers are yes, that leaves the conclusion that it's something in Archlinux which makes it look "bad".
You could also try AVLinux as a live system and see if the AVA runs on this...

Cheers,
MMM