Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
export as mp3 320
(06-09-2016, 04:05 AM)Frank Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 03:47 AM)Arionas Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 01:14 AM)Frank Wrote: window, export and BOOM everything as expected.

Good to see your ordeal is over
I was thinking of installing teamviewer to help you search on your machine

I hope the BOOM did not damage anything ....

regards
Frank, for now I did the installation only in my macbook at home to see how is going. I didn't touch yet the mac in my studio.
Why are you saying that you hope the BOOM did not damage anything?
You think that could be a virus from that website inside the .pkg file or you are just joking? Smile

I was very serious : i could hear the BOOM even here ...

No of course i was seriously joking

I think on the studio machine you should do a search with the file manager :
to see if it was installed and just not in a search path : or to search for the source code files , so you can delete them....

Before you install and create another BOOM ...

Protect your ears !!!

regards

re
[/quote]

Haahaha Alright man!

regards
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
Wasted too much mixing time, gave up.
It is the kind of thing that puts people off, wasting time trying to get mp3 export working.
Ah, yes, much clearer in the other thread. Thank you.
And yes, a silly problem, i had it set up a while back but it seems updating 32C means you have to do it again.
At least the repetition will help me remember how it's done ;-)
(06-08-2016, 09:09 PM)Arionas Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 10:11 AM)Frank Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 09:01 AM)Arionas Wrote: Thanks guys, I'll try right now to see...

Open a terminal window
type lame
what is the reponse ?

regards

Hi Frank, I got this: "command not found"
So, I suppose Lame is not installed on my system...?

Maybe : but it is not in your search path

Actually yesterday I downloaded a zip file from LAME's website (lame.soundforge.net). When I unzip, it creates a folder with various files inside but there is no file for installation. So, I don't know where to place this folder.

Most probably it is the source code to make it

The 2nd thing I did was to download a dmg file from audiophile engineering where it install a "LAME framework".
But as I said, no result.
I'm confused.

Go in the file manager and do a search for lame

If anyone knows I'll appreciate some instructions on where to download the LAME and how to install it in my mac OS X .
Thanks!

Go in the file manager and do a search for lame

if you find it : copy the filename with full path starting from the root so

/opt/lame/lame

where it show in the file manager
this long name copy that in the mixbus export option.

do you still know where the dmg came from ?

regards
[/quote]

Well, finally it was an installation issue. After spending many hours searching in the web, I found finally a website where you can simply download and install LAME without headache..
This: http://thalictrum.com/en/products/lame
I did the installation, I entered the " lame -b320 %f " in the bottom line of the edit window, export and BOOM everything as expected.
[/quote]

Arionas you are life saver. For the first time in my life I exported from Mixbus which is cool.
Still no luck after following instructions in the other thread.
Since MP3 conversion via Lame is working fine in Reaper, I'll do that.
If you are on Mac use what Arionas provided and install from the link and then copy and paste lame -b320 %f it is that simple
Windows, it worked in the past, now it does not.
Log says failed with error -1.
Not wasting any more time on it.
(09-26-2016, 07:25 PM)Bakhano Wrote: Oh, another thing: you must clean the text you copy from that thread. Paste it into Notepad and copy/paste into Mixbus from Notepad.

Thanks ! I'll give that a try, it has to be something dumb like that.
(09-27-2016, 11:01 AM)Bakhano Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 02:26 AM)simonzc Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 07:25 PM)Bakhano Wrote: Oh, another thing: you must clean the text you copy from that thread. Paste it into Notepad and copy/paste into Mixbus from Notepad.

Thanks ! I'll give that a try, it has to be something dumb like that.
Please, do. I know it works because I use it every day without a single hiccup.

OK, well this may be useful to others and must be to do with the way that mixbus interprets text strings in the 'command to run post export' box.........

Firstly, copy and pasting directly from Bakhano's advice in his other thread ...
Result was an entry in the mixbus log in Red text saying Error = -1.

Secondly 'cleaning the text' as suggested, by copy/pasting via Notepad.
Fixes Error=-1 but no .mp3 output and this message in the log ....

usage: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\lame [options] <infile> [outfile]
<infile> and/or <outfile> can be "-", which means stdin/stdout.
Try:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\lame --help" for general usage information
or:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\lame --preset help" for information on suggested predefined settings
or:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\lame --longhelp"
[INFO]: or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\lame -?" for a complete options list

Thirdly, clear the text in the box and just re-type the exact same text.
SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!! Yay.

In all three cases, the text in the box looked identical, i.e.

C:"\Program Files (x86)\Lame For Audacity\"lame -b320%f

BUT the outcome is different depending on the entry method.

Thanks for the help everyone, back to mixing :-)
Excuse man, this seems to be a related thread about media audio playback right but i am also seeking for some help, would you mind my posting a question here? Recently I downloaded an audio file of .au extension and it could not be played by Windows Media Player. I think it could not be recognized. Then, I thought of conversion and download this audio converter http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tip...o-mp3.html. But there are many difficult and unfamiliar terminologies about audio that i cannot understand. In the format and codec list, I do not really know what to choose among the bit rate, sample rate and channels. Is it true that the higher bit rate I set, the better the output quality will be? How about the sample rate, what is the difference between the bit rate and sample rate?