Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some issues with the AVA plugins ( Linux )
Here's some feedback on the new AVA plugins:

1. It's a nice new interface, but because of readability(not everyone is 21 years old) I use the vintage style that are easier to read(and still better looking than the old XT ones). The plugins seems not to store this setting globally for the specific plugin and I have to change it every time a add the same plugin to the same session.

2. When a session opens, the more AVA plugins used in that session the slower startup time it seems to me. A lot of "Emulating bypass ports" etc. messages appear in the console window.

3. When using(after opening) a AVA plugin, it's take the "focus" and if I press spacebar to start the transport it will not start until I click somewhere on the mixer/editor window. This was not the case with eg. the old XT-ME plugin. This is not my desktop settings, because the old ones still do this correct, but the AVA ones do not.

And for my configuration, see my signature. Keep up the good work.

Steinar :-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
Thanks Steinar!

Indeed there will be differences in behavior between the AVA and XT plugins.

The XT plugins allow us complete control of the behavior, because the LV2 format is open-source and we control but the plugin and the "host" side.

The AVA plugins use the popular "JUCE" platform, which provides many benefits when you are developing for multiple hosts. However, it does not provide us the same flexibility as the LV2 format.

The AVA plugins are mostly intended for the Pro Tools AAX audience, although of course you can use them in nearly any workstation.

-Ben